Norton Internet Security 2005 Blocks Microsoft Outlook

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. I had tried to search for a thread discusses my issue but failed so far. I had a notebook with Microsoft Outlook used as my email handler. I used to have NIS 2005 installed and everything was ok. Then I tried to use AVG. Then now re-installed NIS. I noticed that I can't send or receive email anymore with an error 0x800CCC0F. Tried to call comcast and everything was fine since I can send/rec email on my desktop with the same NIS 2005 setup. I had tried to uninstall NIS 2005 and opened my Microsoft Outlook and it send/rec. Then re-installed NIS again and the same problem exist. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks. :dead:

Restore the image you created before changing security products.

Or remove all permissions in NIS and then re-enableing as each program asks for them.

you may have to do what was mentioned above. hehe, i work at comcast. another option: if you double-click NIS in system tray and go to Personal Firewall, Configure....see if outlook is mentioned and that it IS permitting Outlook to work.

use this tool to totally remove norton, this will thoroughly clean out all norton products from your system, this is a symantec tool. Norton easily gets ****ed up, i've had to use this a lot in the past for these same issues.

then restart your system, if you then wish to reinstall norton do so.

Attachments

• SymNRT.exe
    677.6 KB · Views: 196
I will follow all suggestions. I will post what happens. Thanks a lot.

I had tried to remove all permitted programs and ran outlook, still it did not work. I will ran the norton uninstaller then re-install it NIS again. I'll post back. :(

merged

Last edited by a moderator:
for a second. after uninstalling NIS with Symantec's uninstaller, and after re-installing back the NIS, my outlook mail work for a few minutes and I thought we got it but after a while the same error came out "0x800CCCF". Tried to follow to steps given my microsoft and symantec's support for "outlook" error but both failed. I just un-installed NIS again and will try to use AVG again. What else can be done? :(

lancer, that's the site that I had checked and followed the steps including following symantec's steps. but both failed.

It may not be a norton issue at all. AVG does have an outlook plugin for scanning emails. If it wasn't unistalled completely, that could be the problem. What version of outlook are you using? 2003 has a "Detect and Repair" under the "Help" menu, not sure about older version. Might be worth a shot.

BTW I am a new memeber, hope I can help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back