Norton internet securities 2003

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have installed NIS 2003. I am having a problem with it, i selected an email scan on all incoming messages but not outgoing. But the damned program keeps scanning the outgoing and not the incoming no matter what i configure it to.Anyone else got this problem. I had NAV 2002 and NPFwall 2002 installed previously.

NIS doesnt scan email???

i run NAV 2003 Pro and Norton Personal Firewall......NAV scans my email both ways...its only on the way out that it shows the little dialog box ....but its scanning incoming also

Yeah - R U sure it's not NAV that's doing the scanning as on my NIS/NAV installation it's only NAV that scans e-mail.

Mubbers

My NAV 2002 scans emails - both going and coming and shows a little spyglass type icon in the system tray when it is scanning incoming mail.

BTW - NAV will not scan Hotmail (HTTP) it only scans POP3 accounts.

Ok, so i got it wrong. But NAV 2003 is part of NIS 2003. And i can select incoming and outgoing. but even if i am sending something and not receiving something it still scans it. I dont want this to be taken the wrong way but why should i scan outgoing mails when NAV should have picked it up on the way into my pc?

You should scan out going emails anyway. If you turn this option off and you get infected by means of Internet downloads, etc. then you will spread the virus on to others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back