norton ghost

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
not talking about their imaging, but their backup

how is that differant the the xp restore points?

according to everything I've read, norton go back is not as good as xp's system restore and is more invasive

I hooked up some imaging here at work and I am wondering if I should turn off norton go back, leave system restore for convenience, and just create a new image every week or so

or

there are three hardrives

use restore on "c"

use go back on a second internal hardrive ("d)"

use "f" (external seagate) for weekly image

Last edited:
XP system restore on.
Weekly image to an external drive that is stored someplace fire/water proof.
Automatic daily data backup to another HD on the network.

'Even paranoids have enemies."

Man the symantec site is sure short on details on what thier products actually do. Still researching.

Backup is supposed to be much easier to use than Ghost 10 and more flexible allowing you to omit files and folders.

Last edited:
My 2 cents for what it is worth!

I have never bothered to install Go Back (which normally comes with my yearly Christmas present from my daughter of the latest years' System Works). So I have never used it and can not comment on it! I have used Ghost 9.0 with good results - but used it strictly as an imaging for backups on an external HDD!

I have just recently learned of Norton Save and Restore which I have never heard of until you got me looking @ Go Back and Ghost! Actually looks like something that might do it all - but I have no experience with it! They do compare Save and Restore to Ghost 10.0 in the link I provided. I hope this proves helpful to ya!

A Bit off topic here, but you should also check out Acronis Disk Image -

This actually lets you create full/differential/incremental backups without having to reboot. It can do everything while Windows is running...

Also has a free 30 day trial if you want to play with it -

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back