Norton Ghost

nokiauk

OSNN Newbie
Has anyone tried using Norton Ghost to copy a fresh XP install to another machine? If so was it successful?

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
I doubt it would work properly, unless you were using the same mobo/chipset on both pc's.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Theoretically speaking it would be possible, but as soon as you boot up the machine you copied it onto, you're going to need to install new drivers for all the "new" hardware which windows finds. Then you're going to have to activate it again.

You're better off just installing XP onto the new machine from scratch.

nokiauk

OSNN Newbie
SPeedY_B said:
Theoretically speaking it would be possible, but as soon as you boot up the machine you copied it onto, you're going to need to install new drivers for all the "new" hardware which windows finds. Then you're going to have to activate it again.

You're better off just installing XP onto the new machine from scratch.
I wish I could but the laptop in question has no cd drive as it was removable and I have lost it.

Friend of Bill

What, me worry?
Never tried coping to another machine. I've cloned to another hard drive and done the regular backup stuff and copied to CDR. I'm sure if the hardware were different then you would run into problems as mentioned.

Reg

eXperienced!
It's possible, but you will need to run SYSPREP on Windows XP before copying it to the other computer. Otherwise, you will not be able to activate it on the new machine (Identical SIDS).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetHip