Norton Ghost and XP

Eck

.user
Will it or will it not work? I'm considering getting another harddrive. But would I be able to ghost it from my existing drive successfully? If I remember correctly, I think I've read somewhere that Ghost doesn't always work with XP. If I'm crazy, let me know. If not though, are there anyways around it? I really don't feel like re-installing everything again.

I used Ghost 2002 from Norton SystemWorks Pro on XP Pro all of last year with no problems what so ever. I just got Norton System Works Pro 2003.

Note that the software itself is not much changed from 2002, with the exception of Ghost. Ghost is much easier to use, once configured. You do not need a boot disk and it has support for external drives etc using USB, zip drives, etc with out having to mess around by altering your boot disc.

Also, with current rebates, you can buy on Amazon.com for $79.00 (free? shipping) and send in a $20.00 rebate to Symantec for buying, a $30.00 rebate to Symantec as an upgrader (from 2002) and a $10.00 rebate to Amazon. End result is it cost you $20.00.

Regards,

Bob S.

Eh, I can use 2002 fine. Not worth $50 just for a windows interface.

$50.00?? My math says $20.00 and you eliminate the need to buy another year of Virus updates! But to each his own.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back