Norton Firewall 2003 Expired?

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi All

Ok i Started My Computer todoay and Ran the Liveupdate Program to Find that Certain Things could not be updated so i did alittle digging and clicked on Norton Firewall 2003 Subscription Services and it doesnt Says its Expired Exactly Just Says that this tells u wen things expire n lists The Firewall also, on the Norton Antivirus Status Tab it says Subscription service not installed? Whats this mean? n i hav had no warnings or anything that anything expires?

Pls Help

Pics Attactached...

Attachments

• o no.JPG
    o no.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Installed.JPG
    Installed.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 118
  • huh.JPG
    huh.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 102
When did you last install the programs?

If it was over a year ago then subscriptions service is for one year only. You can update virus defs manually, usually majorgeeks is very upto date on the updates.

You can check also with a file from symantec to see if there is an error.

yea i think i did install sometime last yr, is it not possible to jus reinstall?

ok so if i download updates Via Intelligent Update Through The Symantec Site that Gives me The Virus Definitions, but if i want Intrusion Detection updates etc i should go to this major Geeks site for the full liveupdate package?

You can reinstall it but it has a security setting in registry that tells the software when your subs ran out.

Either buy a new version or pay for further subscriptions.

If you are sure that you have used live update for less than 1 year then go here:
http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html
in section below check knowledge base, then above that in search type 'livesubscribe' (without quotes) and work you way through articles.

o ok thanx
ive just updated my Virus Definition using Inteligent Updater n works fine

If its been a year dont you think its about time for a crash/reinstall anyway. that way when you reinstall norton you will have another year of free updates
speaking of, its time for a crash myself

Thats why they (in version 2004 and onwards) did activation so your key matches a lock they have so even if you format and go back to clean start you only get what time left for that key.

You used to in 2001 just uninstall then reinstall for a years extra's. 2004 is well worth the £49.99 I paid not a problem atall.

Norton 2004 is Rubish Brought it and took it bk as it was awful, 2005 seems better, im sticking with 2003 for now tho, n i dont wanna Reformat just yet, Really Cant b Bothered lol

Norton Internet Security 2004 is great, better than any previous versions IMHO!

B.T.W. Ste_w did you ever take English language at School?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back