Norton Antivirus 2002 problem

D

Deckard

Hi,

Since yesterday everything was working fine. But as I booted my PC today, it loaded the desktop and rebooted again. And it kept rebooting.

I booted in Safe Mode and uncheck the option to reboot on System Errors. And booted again.

When it booted I got a blue screen and a long message within it. The most important part said :

Technical Information :

***STOP: 0x000000C4 (0x00001003, 0xF347BF50, 0x83586FE0, 0x81F5C008)

*** NAVAP.SYS - Address F347BF50 base at F3455000, Datestamp 3c7d309d

So, I found out that NAVAP.SYS is the Norton AutoProtect system file. I booted again into Safe Mode and deactivated Norton AutoProtect.

Now the system works fine again without any complications.

Did anyone have a similar problem ? How did you solve it ?

Thanks

Check on Nortons Knowledge base, and for any updates for NAV.

I had a similar problem, also with NAV 2002. I realized when i updated the redirector it caused a slew of problems. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, did the updates but this time did not update the redirector. All has been working fine for 5 months now, i still update the virus databases but never check off the redirector update.

See if this fixes your problem providing the blue screen wasn't a fatal one that destroyed the XP install and was just a mini-dump.

Good luck.

Originally posted by jak deth
I had a similar problem, also with NAV 2002. I realized when i updated the redirector it caused a slew of problems. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, did the updates but this time did not update the redirector. All has been working fine for 5 months now, i still update the virus databases but never check off the redirector update.

See if this fixes your problem providing the blue screen wasn't a fatal one that destroyed the XP install and was just a mini-dump.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. But how do I configure the NAV2002 in a way that it doesn't update the redirector ?

Deckard

Hey guys!
I had the same problem with Norton Internet Security 2002 (which includes NAV 2002). I updated all the components and the rebooting stopped. Haven't had a problem since then :) BTW, turn off "automatic restart". this way u can read the error message and figure out wots wrong instead of rebooting in safe mode and reading the logs

Originally posted by Spider
Hey guys!
I had the same problem with Norton Internet Security 2002 (which includes NAV 2002). I updated all the components and the rebooting stopped. Haven't had a problem since then :) BTW, turn off "automatic restart". this way u can read the error message and figure out wots wrong instead of rebooting in safe mode and reading the logs

Hey spider,

thanks for the update. I've already turned the autostart off. Did you use the LiveUpdate to update the components ? I've tried that too. It says that all the components are up-to-date.

I don't know how to solve this. The system is working without AutoProtect activated, though.

Hey Deckard!
I use the autoprotect feature, and i think u must be too. This is what i think from my limited exposure of this software, even if u say no to autoprotect, at some level, it still scans ur files and checks for virii. even if u shut the softwae off, and check ur processes, u might still see NAV running
yes, i use AutoUpdate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back