Norton 2003 Beta Not Installing/Uninstalling

D

Dexter411

Recently, I wanted to uninstall my expired version of Norton 2003. It doesn't let me. It starts up the uninstaller but then says that, "Installation ended prematurely because of an error."

I get the same error when I try to install the newest beta. Any ideas?

Beta........................

You may be stuck with it until you A) go in and manually remove all of the files & registry entries B) get lucky and get another version to install (correctly) over it or C) format your drive and start over again. :D

Well that is one of the hazards of using beta software

Right - there's a reason it's called beta software. And there's always a disclaimer when beta s/w is downloaded or installed from a legitimate source.

I had the same problem with the beta software. There is a file called rnav.exe on symantec's site that can remove some of the files. After I did that, I removed the startup entries and then deleted the directory.
Aftre restarting I installed Norton 2002. I am not trying Beta software again!
Just installking 2002 or other version will not work, or you can format c:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back