Norton 2001 and Windows XP !!!

Z

ZAnwar

My uncle has got Win XP Pro and he got this plug-in to use with NAV 2001 so NAV 2001 becomes compatible with XP !
Really it isn`t, my uncle told me to download it from Symantec`s site, but i couldn't find it.

Do u know where I can get this from ?
Please CAN someone HELP !!!!!

Are you sure your uncle has this plugin? Because from what I hear, there is no way unless you buy 2002.

i am very sure

yep, i'm sure. When I next see him I will tell him to give me that plug-in, if you people don't know where I can download it from !

First of all there's no such thing as a "plug-in" for an application to work in XP. But if you're talking about some kind of patch or utility, I guaranty more people than your uncle would know about it.

I decided to look for this utility just for the hell of it. I couldn't find it anywhere. Just go and get it from your uncle, okay?

err?

I run XP Pro and Norton SystemWorks 2002 Professional and I have no problems whatsoever running NAV under XP. Try using Live Update and see if there is a patch available. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

YES

I used nortons 2001 for a while on XP pro when you install it, there was a popup window and would take you to the symantec site and download a patch that would allow 2001 to run on XP I used it and he is right now as for finding it ........... I always went from the windows installer as it pops up and says you need an updated file .......... and it worked fine on XP pro ........... now I updated to 2002 so I dont need it .....but it is out there somewhere I will try and find it .................

NAV 2001 will run with XP and perhaps that what you remember. But to the best of my knowledge there was never a patch to allow NU to run under XP (why would Symantec provide a method to allow you to use an older product when they've released a new one?). Sorry - but for my money this comes under the heading of Urban Legend.

Maybe you dont read to well ...... or you want to call me a liar?

I explained above that as you install 2001 it would take you to their website and you would download a file that was needed to install 2001 on xp seeing as I used it on this computer makes it a fact......... I dont see why I would take the time to answer and have to bullshit or lie about something as stupid as this I am 38 years old and a father of 3 and I know damn well what I did and what I downloaded from symantec .........

why do you feel you have to be right about something >??? first we have his uncle that is running 2001 on his compuer and you doubt that also??? and I used it on this computer and you still say we are both liars??

and I see that you say NU and we are both talking about nortons anti virus 2001 ........ like I said you dont read to well do you maybe you need another pair of glasses

start over

my product is Norton AntiVirus 2001 for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000 change product

Printer-friendly version

Norton AntiVirus 2000/2001/2002 no longer functions after upgrading to Windows 2000 or Windows XP

Situation:
You upgraded your computer to Windows 2000 or XP from Windows 95, 98, or Me. Norton AntiVirus 2000/2001/2002 was already installed on the computer that you upgraded. After the upgrade, Norton AntiVirus (NAV) either fails to start, or you see error messages that refer to NAV. You may also not be able to uninstall NAV.

Solution:
Each version of NAV has its own installation that is specific to the operating system (OS). There is one installation for Windows NT/2000 and one for Windows 95/98/Me. After upgrading a system to Windows 2000 or Windows XP, the installation of NAV that was installed on Windows 95/98/Me will no longer function correctly.

To fix this, you must uninstall NAV manually and then reinstall it on the new operating system. See the document for your version of NAV:

This is from their website .........and nav2001 will work on XP and after you uninstall and do a fresh install it will say you need a file to make it run and it redirects you to their website to download a file I am not going to remove nav2002 to prove my point but we see that they say above that after upgrading your system you might get errors bla bla and to do a reinstall after removing 2001 and they also said this was if your using 2000 2001 and 2002 so I guess we both can read this now and see that it is possible that I was using nav 2001 and that I did a reinstall and got it working I used it on here from AUG2001 right upto last month and then went to nav2002 and we are not talking about NU<<<< we are talking NAV .......................

As my posts say, NAV will run with XP, but System Works will not. I apparently did read the original post wrong - and I truly appreciate kermit's polite method of pointing that out -- but my latter post was responding to maddmatt who claims he is running NSW 2001 under XP - that's not possible.

Norton 2001 and Windows XP !!!
My uncle has got Win XP Pro and he got this plug-in to use with NAV 2001 so NAV 2001 becomes compatible with XP !
Really it isn`t, my uncle told me to download it from Symantec`s site, but i couldn't find it.

Do u know where I can get this from ?
Please CAN someone HELP !!!!!

Nvidia Geforce 2 MX-400
IBM 40 gig hardrive

Zeeshan Anwar.

I tell you what ............ your wrong period

Allan..

Allan: Actually I said Norton SystemWorks 2002, not 2001.

Regardless, you made a valid point, and I agree. NSW 2002 is out, so go buy that.

//matt

madmatt - lol - so you did. I'm batting 1000 today ;)

If it wasn't for kermit's pleasant attitude this would have been a completely wasted thread for me.

It's cool, I'm always batting 1000.

We should just rewrite SkiFree so we can race one another, now that would be swell. SkiFree XP!

Anyway, stay cool.

My attitude has nothing to do with it......... was the way you went about trying to make the first fellow look stupid with your attitude .............. I was more than polite when it came to the likes of you ,,,,,,,,

there is NO SUCH THING

and you know how I know? I have norton systemworks 2001 and I have spoken extensively with software vendors AND norton. there is nothing I can download that will allow me to use norton with winxp.

however. if you are a previous user you WILL get discounts purchasing the product update (norton 2002) and you will get it for less than half the price. can only buy it from norton online though.

otherwise there is nothing out there that i know of. however there is a very great possibility that I may be wrong and all these lads have been bsing me around. still I have been scouring threads a lot because I too wanted to use ns 2001 with winxp :) ofcourse.

I doubt you will get the patch thingy you are looking for though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back