Non-violent suggestions please?

freightgod

Confused and Bewildered
Can anyone recommend some violence free strategy games? I guess I'm thinking of games like Myst, without all the dying...

I recently tried the Crystal Key from DreamCatcher games and was enjoying it with my bright but YOUNG kids, when out of nowhere "we" were shot by an unexpected bot of some sort...I hate games that are "rated E for everyone" - according to whom?

OK I'm a woos and my kids are pretty wide-eyed innocents, but maybe someone has some first hand experince with some fun strategy games.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I know the Best Game

GTA3 - Non-Violent (J/K)

MS Flight Sim 2000-2003
Harry Potter and Sorc. Stone.
MS Train Sim.
Midtown Madness
Barney Adventures

hummmmmm. it is basically impossible to find non-violent games unless they are learing type games like 123 Math, ADC Fun, Math Trech ETC.

Violence in every game

i envy the way you're trying to raise your kids. i also sympathize for you since i have a hard time trying to think of a good non-violent game of any sort. i'll be thinking... and good luck. :)

no one has mentioned the greatest strategy game producer yet (arguable point) sid meier.

the civilization strategys are good somewhat-non graphic violent type of game.

there you go, SimTheme Park! SimIsle, too. both are kid-related. simtheme park is pretty fun.

well?

Warcraft
warcraft 2
starcraft
diablo
diablo 2

hey did u all forget about the good old CHESS, try that one no violence at all, untill one of the players loses then the violence part begins :)

Thanks, guys! (w0lv3rin3 you are joking aren't you? lol)

Chess! Oui, great idea. Anybody know of any animated chess progs?

Originally posted by freightgod
Can anyone recommend some violence free strategy games? I guess I'm thinking of games like Myst, without all the dying...

I recently tried the Crystal Key from DreamCatcher games and was enjoying it with my bright but YOUNG kids, when out of nowhere "we" were shot by an unexpected bot of some sort...I hate games that are "rated E for everyone" - according to whom?

OK I'm a woos and my kids are pretty wide-eyed innocents, but maybe someone has some first hand experince with some fun strategy games.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kingpin - most violent :rolleyes: ( my opinion )

You can try also
The Sims
Emperor battle for Dune
Commandos 2

Also if you know someone with a windows 95 disk have a look for Hover. Copy the folder, put it on your system, create a shortcut & away it goes. It's capture the flag using a hovercraft. :D

Originally posted by freightgod
Anybody know of any animated chess progs?
Yeah, Battle Chess!
Oh yeah, no violence *doh*! :)

The Tycoon type games are pretty harmless. Railroad Tycoon II would do. Very educating too i guess.

The LEGO series of games are quite good for younger kids. My lad's nearly 4 and he loves Rock Raiders and Lego Racers. The Sims is good for kids as is Tony Hawks Pro Skater. All non violent games and all very playable.:D

hmmm

Soldier of Fortune 2?
hmmm wat bout Serious Sam 2?
ohh so many to think about :p

Don't forget all the sports sims..

F1GP
NBA
Football
Tennis
Ski-ing

GUYS..GUYS...can you understand the question.. NON VIOLENT GAMES.. :rolleyes:.. alot of you have listed Wargames which = violence!.. Maybe I'm the only one with sense here?!

Duurrr.. I am the only one with sense!.. catch23.. so you'd let a 4-5year old.. play a violent game and have nightmares would you!?

Its a case of just limiting the games until the child is at an age that they understand. (8+)

Thank you for all the suggestions.

My kids get very little computer time so they actually play with each other mostly...meaning they get enough violence on their own LOL

I downloaded a demo of the Incredible Machine but it seems to have problems with XP...if it didn't I'd buy the full version...the kids loved playing it when I had win98

anyway thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back