NOD32 Context Menu

N

Not Bman

I have been trying to find NOD32 in the registry so I can remove it from the start menu's right click menu.

Help? I have had no luck.

guessing you have tried eset as a search string

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Eset Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Eset Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Eset Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension

these are just a few that pop up :)

Re: NOD32 Context Menu- Solution.

..NOD32..Context Menu...Remove

Notice that you:
• should not edit unknown keys in the registry.
• don't *totally* remove the context right-click, just remove the specific menu from the context menu, by those instructions (down below).

there is the backup:
copy this content to a new file in notepad, now in "save as" type the file name (any place you want) as:
Code:
"nod32 context menu backup.reg"
please DO USE the " char because that will make sure you won't be getting a nod32 context menu backup.reg.txt which is actually a txt file...

the content inside the file:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension]
@="{B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension]

now please enter your favorite registry editor, I licensed lately a Registry-Workshop copy that works very well, you can use regedit.exe as well.

enter this path (by clicking on the keys)
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
now 1 click on the "NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension" (looks like a folder) and right click and, delete.

also-
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
right click on "NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension" and delete.

also (last one)-
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\Shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
right click on "NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension" and...delete.

enjoy context annoyances free world,

p.s

you can always bring it back by double click your "backup file" you've made before...

EladKarako,
Israel.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back