NOD 32 /FLAGS Adware.Alexia

frogg_mann

OSNN Addict
I know there are a few members here that use NOD32 for there virus protection has anyone had it flag a virus called "Adware.Alexa Application" ???? I did today downloaded "ad-aware se personal 1.05" then unzipped it and the flag went up. It couldnt be Q'teened or removed or renamed. Just wondering. Didn't want to say which site i got it at. Unless its alright to do so..I have yet to inform them but intend to do so.. It wasnt Lavasoft.
Frogg_Mann 8)

I just sent them an email to warn about this problem child. It seems like a ad trojan just thought it was strange that NOD 32 flagged it. Anyone know if its defined? I'll look see.
frogg_mann

correction on title: WIN32/Adware.Alexa Application

Version 1.03 :rolleyes:
I have no idea where you got that file but I will say that Ad-Aware has been at version 1.05 since around September.

More on the matter

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=59043[/URL]
Typo AZ it was v 1.05.
As far as i can tell its a False Positive, It's being flagged by Spybot S&D as a
False Positive/spybot Dummies/Alexa, also.
In the forum at the link that is posted above someone stated that it has been sent to Eset to be analyzed. It doesnt seem to be a serious threat from what i read.
frogg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back