No video when booting

Yeah ... on the sticker, it'd written 128MB PC133 GBMicro and on the other side ... 128MB PC133 SDRAM ... nop, no ECC. Oh well, I think I'll go ahead and buy one stick one 256 and use that old 128 stick in my current computer. I hope it will work :) Thanks alot

Yeah, this mobo only supports ECC memory. Also alot of reports of data corruption with hard drives on the IDE channels as most servers use SCSI I don't think they tested the IDE channels that well with hard drives. I'd upgrade to the latest BIOS asap if your not using SCSI drives.

One thing I don't undestand is why I don't get the beeps if I remove memory. it's really strange.

It is then again are you sure you have a speaker hooked up not all motherboards have the little built in speaker on the board so if you have not hooked up the red and black wire from the little speaker that is inside most cases then there is no where for the sound to be produced.

The speaker on the motherboard is well connected. Well, as I stated on the other page, I do hear a beep. As soon as I press the ON button ... it beeps 1 times, but it's more like a normal beep rather than an error beep.

I ordered 256 megs of ECC ram and I installed it today. Since I'm pretty restricted on time, I only had the time to boot up. But it doesn't work at all ... still the same problem. Any help ?

I get no visuals on-screen during boot up if I use a DVi cable .

Sounds like something else how about power supply how good a apower supply you got?

ming : I use a normal vga 15 pin cable and the video card is working fine.

kermit : the power supply is good, I used it for the past 2 years without any problem on an Athlon 950.

Do you think I need to set up some jumpers setting ?

FCPGA ... "Your motherboard has 2-370-pin sockets, which support Intel FCPGA processors". I don't know if the processor I put in is FCPGA or not ... it is a Celeron 600.

Oh ... damn. I was reading on SuperMicro's website (mobo brand) and i went threw this ...

Processor

Dual or single Intel 370-pin Pentium III 1.0 GHz-500 MHz processors

Does it mean they don't support celeron .. that wouldn't be cool

... :'(

Hi,

You have to use PIII CPU on this board. You can't use Celeron

Thanks,

John

This is the email I got.

Geez ... I'm not lucky at all ... not at all ! thanks alot guys

Maybe a bit late....

Quote from SuperMicro's FAQ's about this mobo:
"the 370DLE motherboard only supports up to 1.0GHz PIII 370FC-PGA Coppermine processor"

You should be able to pick up a few of these CPU's really cheap off eBay though.

I just ordered 2 x 800 mhz P3 from eBay for 44 bucks (including shipping) My question is : how much power do I need to run these 2 processors. I currently have a 250w and I don't know if it's going to be enough.

I received both processors, but I only installed 1 to see what would happen. And yes, it's not booting up .... still doing the same thing. No video, nothing. I put a hardrive with windows95 on it but still nothing... Any further helps ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back