No video but, sound

W

w6u6f

I have heard that Windows 2000 and XP aren't exactly the best OS for playing Games on but, you can get an upgrade, patch or something like that to fix this problem. As an example, I just purchased Civ3. It plays the opening movie, no problem but, once the movie is finished and it goes into the game, my screen flickers and turns off. I can hear music in the background but, can't see anything. :(

I thought it was something to do with my resolution but, changing those did nothing at all. I am having similar problems with other games and all of these other games I have gotten to work on my old WIndows 98. Any comments are welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Newman

Sounds like a driver issue to me some system specs might help to determine the problem. I have been able to play all the games that I play on both Win2k and XP with little or no problem.

Ya, maybe it is the drivers. I was quite impressed with XP when it automatically loaded all the drivers. Maybe some of them didn't properly install.

Specs:
Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
128 MB SDRam 600 MHZ Non-ECC
GeForce 2, 32 MB (Not sure of maker)

First thing I would do is download and install the latest drivers from Nvidia and see if that takes care of it.

Yes .. for my case its definitely driver..
I have a 64M Gforce MX400.. version 12.81 and 12.83 are ok for most games..

When I t upgrade to v.23.11 (uncertified) now all my favorite games work good as..

give it go !
you can always roll back !

Well, I fixed my problem a different way. Maybe it is not the best solution but, it worked. I loaded up the compadabilty wizard. For those of you that don't know what it is, it tricks certain program to run as if they were under a certain operating system. I basically tricked my Civ3 game to run as it was in Windows 98. It surprises me that Civ3 wasn't designed for XP but, hey when I used the wizard, it worked!

Happy Gaming

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back