No power supply plug..

CaKarst

OSNN Junior Addict
So I'm installing my radeon x700 after just getting it exchanged for the PCIe version and the directions say to plug in the 6 pin power connector.. I see the plug but then I look at my video card and theres no where to plug it in.. I look all over the card.. nope no plug.. please tell me im missing something.. I've already went through crap trying to exchange my agp for pcie..

Shouldn't it be right there????

Attachments

• Picture 19.jpg
    Picture 19.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 106
What's in the Box:
  • Radeon® X700 PRO graphics card
  • Set-up CD
  • Composite and S-video cables
  • HDTV out cable
  • DVI to VGA adapter
  • Manuals
  • Power cable connector (AGP models only)

The X700 should not require an extra plug. Especially the PCI-e. PCI-e provides more power through the MB connector than AGP.

My X800XL does not have an extra power connector either.

And don't worry about trying it without the extra power connector. The newer cards will put up a screen during boot that tells you you forgot to plug in the power connector. They won't start loading windows until you shutdown and conenct any needed power plugs. Nice feature my 9800 PRO does it.

It can also be that the manufacturers don't care to write a seperate file for each version of their card, but woudl rather make a simple generic "one size fits all" form of documentation.

Generally speaking, if the card doesn't have a plug for it, don't worry about it. Now, if the card had it, but the PSU didn't have the necessary cable to plug into the card, that on the other hand could be a problem.

Its all fine.. i just didn't realize that they would work without a plug.. kinda new at this.. thanks anyway everyone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back