• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

No power supply plug..

CaKarst

OSNN Junior Addict
So I'm installing my radeon x700 after just getting it exchanged for the PCIe version and the directions say to plug in the 6 pin power connector.. I see the plug but then I look at my video card and theres no where to plug it in.. I look all over the card.. nope no plug.. please tell me im missing something.. I've already went through crap trying to exchange my agp for pcie..

Shouldn't it be right there????

Attachments

The X700 should not require an extra plug. Especially the PCI-e. PCI-e provides more power through the MB connector than AGP.

My X800XL does not have an extra power connector either.

And don't worry about trying it without the extra power connector. The newer cards will put up a screen during boot that tells you you forgot to plug in the power connector. They won't start loading windows until you shutdown and conenct any needed power plugs. Nice feature my 9800 PRO does it.

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
It can also be that the manufacturers don't care to write a seperate file for each version of their card, but woudl rather make a simple generic "one size fits all" form of documentation.

Generally speaking, if the card doesn't have a plug for it, don't worry about it. Now, if the card had it, but the PSU didn't have the necessary cable to plug into the card, that on the other hand could be a problem.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix