No pictures on web!?

S

sacred2nite

Recently, alot of the pictures on all websites are not loading into my browser. This happens with IE and MSN 6.

Could someone tell me what might have caused this?

Thanks
:)

What OS, version of IE? Did this problem just start out of the blue? If so, did you recently install anything? Can you be more specific than "alot of the pictures on all websites are not loading into my browser"? Does this mean some load and some don't? Do you have a firewall? Adblocking software?

I am having the same problems, all websites and it seems to be only .gif files any clue? sacred2nite see if they are only gifs for you as well, by right click properites (if you don't know) ;)

I have Windows XP HE. I have latest version of IE (I think it is 6). I have norton fire wall and system works.
Lately I have installed Real Arcade and that is about it. This problem started yesterday. When a page loads, only about half the pictures load. I have to right-click on the rest and click 'show picture'.
I hope that is helpful.
Thanks

o and I use XP pro. and it did start all of a sudden. I tried sys. restore no luck, no virus (from what nortons picks up) there is no new software/hardware or drivers and I have not removed any programs either! :shrugs: still at a lost as to even how to fix it, because it is starting to get annoying to have to always choose the "show picture" button.

Yes it is mostly .gif's but some .ipg's are also affected.
Thanks

Please Help!!

Could this problem have been caused by a program changing IE. If so, is there anyway to restore IE. I do not use system restore :( I now regret this.

I was searching on google and found a solution (maybe) it's a website that has patch's and fix's for certain problems the website is Here ,
you have to scroll down to the bottom and there is a file called Restore Explorer GIF preview capability. I am at work so I am unable to try for myself. But it is the only fix that I have found so far. Good luck let me know if you find anything.:D

To Reinstall IE6:

1) stick in the Win XP CD

2) windows key+r, paste the following;

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

enter

I KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS B/C IT WAS HAPPENING TO ME FOR 2MONTHS AND I FIGURED IT OUT YESTERDAY..hmmmm wait.....well i don't know what i exactly did but i know i changed lots of options in the internet explorer settings. i think i did "automatically detect settings" and i put security at low *i put it at low b/c i have ZA and so i still have security*
just play around with the settings until you find that pics work......lol good luck!

Thanks anyone

I have reinstalled IE 6 and everything works fine now.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back