No News is good news?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
wassup with the news posts? All closed to comments and none made since December the eighth?

Ehm, no. Try again. :p

Last post date was today. Comments are auto-locked after (I believe) seven days, to prevent spam/bots.

Yeah, something I had to do. Don't mind anonymous comments (or do I? Can't remember!) but I started noticing that bots were spamming posts that were months/years old and it took me hours to kill em all.

Time much better spent playing Gears of War I wreckon :p

Yeah, something I had to do. Don't mind anonymous comments (or do I? Can't remember!) but I started noticing that bots were spamming posts that were months/years old and it took me hours to kill em all.
We like anonymous commenting, however it makes it far too easy for bots to spam.

Perhaps some form of captcha could be implemented when posting anonymously?

Time much better spent playing Gears of War I wreckon :p
GoW kicks ass. I finished the game on Casual and Hardcore (the guy at the end was a b*tch to kill). Looking forward to trying Insane mode. Woo! :D

</offtopic>

<offtopic>

I hate you both, my copy of GoW is sat in the lounge with nothing to play it on! :D

</offtopic>

Have you managed to view/see all the new news posts yet MFG?

No GoW at the moment. Here is my week:

Yesterday: Superman Returns and Batman Begins HD-DVDs arrive.
Today: Xbox 360 HD-DVD arrives
Wednesday: HD-DVD drive actually arrives, stupid xmas
Thursday: Pioneer 43" HDTV Plasma second hand from my boss
Friday: Acer Ferrari 1000
Saturday: Start xmas shopping

Can't belive I haven't gone HD yet, looking forward to seeing what the fuss is all about. Anyone want a non-hd 42" Plasma? Don't know how much I could even sell that for now :eek:

None-HD 42" Plasma's are worth aboot £500 new at the moment.

Let me know how good the image is on that Pioneer, we had a pioneer in New Zealand, and quite honestly it was sh*t, which I was rather surprised at, however, that could of been blamed on the input devices.

Problem is that it sometimes gets artifacts, so will need to google that today, its not perminent artifacts so I don't think its actual damage :eek:

the Pioneer still retails for about £3000 its quite a high range one, getting it for about £1350 so a bit of a bargain as my boss leaves for the USA next week so effectively I am paying for his new 60" one -- ho hum.

Nah, his role is more political now and seeing as I annoy colonels by calling em mate (really works) I don't wanna have to be nice to em suddenly.

Nah, his role is more political now and seeing as I annoy colonels by calling em mate (really works) I don't wanna have to be nice to em suddenly.
Hah, it really does work, seems to be one of the easiest ways of winding up any official-type peon :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back