• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

No more hibernation mode

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hello ..

May I ask please in my Vista, somehow I can't find the option to set my notebook to hibernation when I close my lide. There is a few options:-

1. Do nothing
2. Shut down
3. Sleep

But just no hibernation. Any idea why and how to re-enable hibernation mode please? Many thanks. :nervous::nervous:

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
Hello ..

May I ask please in my Vista, somehow I can't find the option to set my notebook to hibernation when I close my lide. There is a few options:-

1. Do nothing
2. Shut down
3. Sleep

But just no hibernation. Any idea why and how to re-enable hibernation mode please? Many thanks. :nervous::nervous:
I don't know how to navigate the vista gui but it sounds like you disabled hybernate entirely

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Tried checking in Advance Power Options but no place to enable or disable hibernation mode.

I remember in Windows XP, there is such an option but not in Vista. Maybe I missed it out someplace but would be great if someone could guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Not really though .. I have just been using the same old drivers since I installed Vista on my notebook. Previously it was working alright. I started to know about this problem when I close my notebook lid yesterday and realize it went to sleep mode instead of hibernation like I set it to do.

So I did a quick check and found there isn't any option for hibernation. :eek:

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown