No line-in sound in Remote Desktop

V

vladg

Hi,
Does anyone know why I can't receive sound from Line-In channel? Can I somehow configure RFP audio driver? I want to listen to my radio and watch TV remotely :)
Thanks,

Vlad

yes, wave sound from all applications is being forwarded to client pc no problem, but line-in sound still goes to server's speakers. so when I remotely turn on radio or tv on my server pc, video goes to me (slow, of course) but sound remains with the server. I guess it's a nice feature to scare thieves from my home, but this is not what I would expect :) windows substitutes my Creative sound driver with Microsoft RDP Audio Driver wich is not configurable from control panel... I just found how much fun it is to work on my desktop from a much less powerful laptop lying in a bed or a bathtub :))

Also, why can't two users have simultaneous sessions on one xp server - one from its own console, another through Remote Desktop? I hate when my wife kicks me out...

Vlad

Open the volume control and make sure that Line-In is not muted or turned to a low volume

JJB6486

...I hate getting kicked out to.

har har. Anyways...this happens because Windows XP Professional (NOT server) comes with Remote Desktop Control, which you know, but RDC is actually a version of Terminal Services with a one-user license. This means only one person at a time, unfortunately. As for the sound, my guess is it has to do with that separate windows sound device, but I don't know. Can you go into sounds/multimedia and specify which devices to use for sound input/output??
/Lactic

that's the thing - my sound device gets replaced by Mictosoft RDP Audio and is disabled for editing...

Vlad

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back