No internet

Biggie_mac

OSNN Junior Addict
I have a big problem. I finished re-instaling win xp with sp2 inlcuded o a NTFS drive. I have internet through a cable modem (by USB...webstar model). I have the following problem: My internet keeps disconnecting every 5-10-20...-40 min. It could last 2 min...it could last 1 hour....but usually after 10-15 min it disconects itself. After it got disconnected I went to Local area network-->Suport-->repair and got the following "Windows could not reapir....because: Cannot flush the DNS cache"..indeed at the comand prompt after I wrote "ipconfig/flushdns" it gave me an error. I went to Administrative tools and DNS client adn it was on stopped and manual...I switched to automatic and started it but after a while it disconnected again...this time at the repair I got the error "...registering with dns". I went to administrative tools and DHCP client was on disable...I swithced to started and automatic but after I did that the internet couldn't work at all....although at the ipconfig/flushdns cmd I got the answer succesfully bla bla and at the repair I got no error still the internet doesn't work. I switched everything back so it can work but of course it keeps disconnecting a lot. So, what in God's name could be the problem??????/ PLS I AM DESPERATE! I searched everything but I can't find why it keeps doing that

:((((((...if not even u guys can't figure it out who can? Pls....it's imposible that no one ever had this problem....there must be something u can help me with. What can I do? any ideea...anything....

have you tried reinstalling the modem, the drivers could be corrupted.

i assume that the cable modem has only usb connection ?

maybe you should try a neat windows XP without SP2, just to eliminate that ?

has it ever worked ? what was the last thing you did before the problems ?

you could try a mediocre OS like win98 or NT and try that....

hope i can help.....

J.

eh usb wanst meant to network with. if the modem has ethernet use that. i ran into this problem before with my neighbor. it worked perfectly ethernet but would disconnect randomally with USB. to fix it, i formatted and reinstalled everything. I troubleshooted forever and gave up and formatted and that worked.

Biggie_mac said:
I have a big problem. I finished re-instaling win xp with sp2 inlcuded o a NTFS drive. I have internet through a cable modem (by USB...webstar model). I have the following problem: My internet keeps disconnecting every 5-10-20...-40 min. It could last 2 min...it could last 1 hour....but usually after 10-15 min it disconects itself. After it got disconnected I went to Local area network-->Suport-->repair and got the following "Windows could not reapir....because: Cannot flush the DNS cache"..indeed at the comand prompt after I wrote "ipconfig/flushdns" it gave me an error. I went to Administrative tools and DNS client adn it was on stopped and manual...I switched to automatic and started it but after a while it disconnected again...this time at the repair I got the error "...registering with dns". I went to administrative tools and DHCP client was on disable...I swithced to started and automatic but after I did that the internet couldn't work at all....although at the ipconfig/flushdns cmd I got the answer succesfully bla bla and at the repair I got no error still the internet doesn't work. I switched everything back so it can work but of course it keeps disconnecting a lot. So, what in God's name could be the problem??????/ PLS I AM DESPERATE! I searched everything but I can't find why it keeps doing that

Reinstall drivers yet?

lee i him that too, seems like the most obvious solutions next to celticfans idea.

All I know is, if he has a B.T. line their network has been a right AH in the past week or so. I keep getting d/c randomly, longest I kept a connection for was 1 hour 38 minutes.

I think it's all this new upgrading they're doing at certain exchanges around the U.K.

I tried reinstalling the drivers several time....I even reinstalled win several times...same thing. if I install win xp with no sp(or sp1) then I get a stupid error at a usb port(beats me why)...I formatted c and installed win xp but this usb port or whatever keeps making me problems...but before I formatted I had the same win xp with sp2 included that I have now....still I haven't had this problem....it's eating me...today I restarted the modem 3 times ..I was connected for about 5 sec after wich it disconnected me. if u could pls debate about the ethenret solution.....I didn't get that very well....thank a lot for the help guys

What ISP are you with? Have you checked their service status because the problem could be at their end and not yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back