No images in IE

P

PlagueWielder

Hey

My dads laptop has a problem with showing images in IE. He has windows 98 SE. I removed all the spyware and checked for viruses but still no images.
I tried a lot of websites also so its not just one site's problem.

The option to show images in IE is checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You running a firewall/ad-blocker with over sensitive settings?
Try clearing the cache, then reconnect to a site that has links to *.jpg's i.e. wallpaper site. Do those images appear when linked to?

Ok, I cleared all cookies, history, and files and disabled the pop up stopper and still nothing.

I have a router with a firewall but it doesnt affect the rest of my computers so its not it.

Anything else?

You not running a software firewall anywhere?
Did you manage to open a web page that is exclusively an image
i.e. a page that has nothing else except the jpeg to display?

No, I only use my router.. its pretty good by itself.

I opened several websites with images and none of them showed.. just a bunch of red X's.

Ahhh I see. Thought it might have been a similar problem to this

Can you open files locally in your browser?
Just drag and drop a jpg on an open i.e. window.

BTW what is the current default application assignment for *.jpg files on that PC?
You can check in the file association window

Both bmps and jpgs work when I open them in IE and the default program for pictutes is Ulead Impact or something like that.

If they open locally then something is filtering the web-based images. :eek: :confused:

Have you/he uninstalled any sort of download management program (i.e. download manager/fesh download/download butler/get that etc.) that could have been set to capture clicks in I.E.?
it may have had a bad uninstallation routine and the registry is still referencing it as the place to send downloaded images.?

Probably not the problem, but worth checking...
In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > 'Advanced' tab > scroll down to
the 'Multimedia' section, and verify that the 'Show Pictures' option is marked.

I already said that I tried that.

Anyway, I installed IE 6 cause I couldnt find a solution and everything is fine now. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back