no green channel

when I connect my 42" plasma tv to my dual-vga g-force 5500 I don't get any green. only red and blue channels.
everything seems to be set ok and the other monitor displays all colors.
the cable when connected to another monitor works fine.
windows recognizes the tv correctly.

any ideas?

It sounds like the connector on the back of the plasma screen is dodgy. Have you got another source you could try showing on the plasma screen on the same connector?

Also, how are you connecting your plasma screen? Is it a vga connection or TV out or a vga to dvi adapter or something else?

If you're using an adapter it could be the adapter that's faulty.

Nick said:
It sounds like the connector on the back of the plasma screen is dodgy. Have you got another source you could try showing on the plasma screen on the same connector?

Also, how are you connecting your plasma screen? Is it a vga connection or TV out or a vga to dvi adapter or something else?

If you're using an adapter it could be the adapter that's faulty.

I'm using a 15 pin d-sub cable with a gender changer. Later today I'll try hooking up a laptop to it and see if it looks the same.

ok
I connected another computer to the TV and there's still no green.

This may or may not be a dumb question, but is a 15-pin D-Sub RGB connector different from a 15-pin D-Sub VGA connector and are either of those different from a HD15 connector?

The only part I haven't been able to test is the gender changer. When I bought the 30' cable I just glanced at the back of the tv and saw pins so I figured that end would need to be female, but I looked at the rs232 instead of the RGB connector. That's why I needed the gender changer.

This is the cable I'm using

image0.jpg

This is the info from my TV manuel
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

"15-pin D-Sub RGB connector different from a 15-pin D-Sub VGA "

General Rule:
If the names are different the parts are different. Google both and look for the wireing diagrams. You can mod your's yourself or buy the right kind.

WTF I'm feeling benevolent in spite of Perris's stupid oil post....

Possible you have a mac converter? They wire differently.
http://www.acl.co.uk/pinouts.htm

and here is pinout heaven:
http://www.technick.net/public/code/pinouts.php

Last edited:
LeeJend said:
"15-pin D-Sub RGB connector different from a 15-pin D-Sub VGA "

General Rule:
If the names are different the parts are different. Google both and look for the wireing diagrams. You can mod your's yourself or buy the right kind.

I've been googling and asking jeeves.
From what I've been reading it seems like I'm doing everything correct. I can play games and stuff fine....there's just no green at all. When I go into the color correction, the red and blue are red and blue, but the green is black.
It just seems like I'm missing something simple somewhere. I probably just need a checkmark in a box somewhere I'm missing.....that would be an easy answer :laugh:

You might have a bad adapter. If you have an ohmeter check all the pins listed on that first link I added to my post.

WOO!!
Problem solved!!
Something is wrong with the gender changer. A friend brought over a monitor cable, connected it, and everything worked fine. Now I either need to get a new gender changer or buy a new 30' cable with the right ends. I'll prolly try the cheap option first

Thanks for your help guys!

tzepp@cox.net said:
most people would, but I'll go for the $4 option before the $30 option cause I'm poor:)

... but you can still afford a 42" plasma :suprised:

champ2005 said:
... but you can still afford a 42" plasma :suprised:

I won that from the San Diego FOX6 Couch Potato contest :lick:

Plus a friend gave me a 60" projection tv when he moved, but that's just for video games :laugh:

I would like to know who 'TV manuel' is?

A Spanish Man that likes to dress up in Womens clothing.

Lee said:
I would like to know who 'TV manuel' is?

A Spanish Man that likes to dress up in Womens clothing.

yea
I met him in a bar one night when I was stoned and drunk. He writes manuals for plasma televisions :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back