No Domain please

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
Ok the company I work for has a domain set up. I'm running Vista Ultimate. Is there anyway to have a computer have 2 user accounts one that does not have anything to do with a domain and one that connects to a domain.

I literally only have two reasons to be on the domain at work and I don't want to have the admin at work to be able to just jump on my system at any time. (not that I'm doing something I'm not supposed to) but my laptop is paid for by me and I use it for a lot of personal things like banking and bills.

(they were going to reimburse me for the laptop but I want it to just be mine!! )

Does this make any sense? I'm hoping it does...or any program out there for a virtual domain or something.

If you have the disk space, do a dual boot system. One for company and one for you. If you don't have the disk space have the company buy you a larger HD. Should make everyone happy. You might have them throw in an extra Vista liscence since Dual install might violate the virtual liscence terms. Though maybe not with Ultimate, I remmeber special terms for it...

Damn! I never thought about that company spy thing. They like to install keystroke loggers and other items on your work PC these days. Talk about personal security breaches. We all got a notice at work last year that network security had been breached and anyone who had made financial transactions in the last 3 days should act as though their identity has been compromised. Scary.

maybe I'll dual boot with xp. We are a microsoft certified partner so maybe that's the thing to do...

would really like to not have to dual boot. I'm surprised there might be nothing out there to do this.

any links for help on setting this up or should I just read through the microsoft website for VPC 2007?

he's speed dial number 3 on my phone;)

any links for help on setting this up or should I just read through the microsoft website for VPC 2007?

install the program and the think of it as new computer and your installing a OS. Its really that simple.

Only rec i have is give it 1/4th your ram in the setting up.

Boot to a live distro. Knoppix.

No security issues.
Non traceable
No keyloggers

You can create a local account on the machine that you use, and join the domain. However this still gives the admin the access to your machine at any time. I personally would have two laptops, one from work, and one for home. I personally run a VMWare Fusion system that has Windows XP on it that can connect to the domain while the rest is my Mac OS X that stays far away from that stuff :p

I think running a virtual machine is the way to go. I have 2 gigs of ram in this laptop and I think that would probably be the best way to go.

Again OSNN to the rescue!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back