No Default Email : How to Fix it?

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. everytime I open Microsoft Outlook there is a notification window that there is no default email client. I use microsoft outlook as my default email. I tried to set it at "customized start menu" but microsft outlook is not in the list. ( images attached ).
How can I fix this?
Thanks.

Attachments

• outlook1.jpg
    outlook1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 136
  • outlook2.jpg
    outlook2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 155
this should help you
http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftWindows/settingDefaultEmailClient.cwd

The common Internet program types (including email applications) are listed on the program tabs of the Internet Properties window/dialog.

Under E-mail, all email programs recognized as such by Windows will be listed: Outlook 2003 will be among these if it is installed on your computer.

Select Outlook 2003 from the E-mail drop-down, and click OK to validate your choice.

I use "microsoft outlook" not outlook express. I had checked the "control panel - internet options" and the "microsoft outlook" is not in the drop down list.

Attachments

• outlook3.jpg
    outlook3.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 153
There should be a setting in Outlook to make it your "default" client

From Outlooks main window, go to Tools > Options; in the Options dialog that opened, click on the "Other" tab.

Under General, check the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar checkbox.

Click OK to validate your choice. Outlook should now be your default email client

outlook2003_defaultMail.gif

it is set as the default email client. see image..

Attachments

• outlook4.jpg
    outlook4.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 150
Could also try clearing the checkbox, clicking OK and then close Outlook. Go back in, check the box and see what happens. Weird that it's not in the drop down box though.

Outlook often forgets that enabled settings are in fact enabled. Cycling them as suggested by kcnychief may help.

If not you'll want to remove and reinstall office :)

Or simply do a repair of the current install.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back