no connection after uninstalling firewall..

l0g0ut

OSNN Addict
i just uninstalled sygate from my laptop.... now there's no internet connection ..... i tried installing sygate again and the connection comes back on..... then i disable firewall in sygate before i uninstall it.... there's no connection again....

anybody have any idea how to get rid of the firewall and still keep net connection? (before i re-install windows)

what version of xp you have? and what do you mean by no connection? you use dial up cable? dsl. any error messages?

sorry i wasn't clear before... i'm using windows xp pro

i'm connecting through netgear router which connects to the net using cable modem

the problem is without the sygate firewall installed, i can't connect to the computers on my home network. i can't even find the router. the ip address for the network adapter is 169.x.x.x which i think is the internal address.

ok i think what could help
check so that in network connections in ethernet card that connects to the router , in properties >tcp/ip setting everything is set to auto detect. it not set it and try to reset. and router should be http://192.168.1.1 . that's what i have with my linsys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back