No Burner After Installing ASPI

I

IVo

I just installed ASPI4ALL to get Cd-r Win to work....
reboot my burner does show up any more when i got to My Computer...

any idea?

Thanks IVo

Yup i have nero installed...
Version 5564.. but i unistalled cd-r win

Before Nero 5564 there was a lot of problems with it making drives disappear. But you have the newest one.

You might try uninstalling your burner in device manager, reboot, and see if XP picks it back up. Other then that i'm not sure what it could be.

First : have you gone to windows Update , there is a fix there for the burner problem.....

To get round this copy the Nero - WNASPI32.DLL (attached) to the cdr win folder and open up cdr win and in the settings select this as your aspi driver, then reboot. :)

you can also disable the inbuilt burner which i have heard is also a good thing to do but i cant remeber how :(

That sucks...
do you know a way that i can uninstall the aspi drivers?
b/c i was thinking bout disconnecting the burner then pluging it back in to start over...

isnt there an exe there to use to remove them ? in the ASPI zip file ...

anyway you shouldnt have to remove the ASPI ...

Just remove your CD burner in device manager, unplug it , reboot, remove any Burning software

Shutdown

Plug it in

Install nero .....

then once all up and running put that DLL in the CDRwin like i saud above

Inside the aspi4all folder there should be an unistall.bat or something like that but it won't get the drives back... I've seen this problem before on other forums and had it myself twice after install incompatable burning software... Reinstall seems to be the usual and only "fix"...

Putting the wnaspi.dll file in the cd-rwin folder will get it working next time... Stay away from anything Adaptec... And only ECDC5.02c will work...

ok thanks guy i think i am gone just unistall (device manager) and then unplug like you told me to..:D

thanks for all the replies
IVo:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back