No animated gifs in browsers

D

dickow

Ok, for some strange reason both my IE and Mozilla web browsers stopped animating gif graphics on any and all web pages on my XP SP1 system. It happened suddenly a week ago. Of course I have checked on and played around with the Internet Settings properties for settings related to this, but nothing makes any difference. The Windows XP Fax and Picture viewer DOES animate the same GIF graphics that the browsers do not animate, BTW.

Where do I go from here? Detailed web research so far has not turned up any complaints like mine.

Bob

Do you use ZoneAlarm ?
If so, it has a feature to disable gif animation - re-enable em.

Problem solved with animated gifs

I found my problem with the non-animating gifs. It wasn't ZoneAlarm, and it wasn't my Internet Settings....

it had to do with the file associations! Mozilla had become the app associated with .gif files. I went into the computer administration pages and set the file association for .gif file extensions from Mozilla to MS Internet Explorer. GIFs immediately began to animate.

Why Mozilla's association prevented animated gifs from animating is a bit obscure to me, nevertheless.

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back