nividia drivere 23.11

• Thread starter leolion54au
  • Start date
L

leolion54au

I have a geforce2/mx/mx400 i updated the drivers from the nividia site from a clean install of windows xp driver version was 23.11 my machine now when it boots keeps telling me it has recovered from a serious error.
And at times reboots returning with the message windows was shut down incorrectly due to a incorrect screen draw caused by the drivers for geforce mx/mx400.
Any suggestions as i can be playing a game and the machine will reset it self.

roll 'er back!

First I would roll back the driver to the original XP driver (you said you did a clean install of XP, right?).

To do this, open Display Properties from Control Panel or the desktop, then click the Settings tab, then the Advanced button, then the Adaptor tab, then the Properties button, then the Driver tab.

That should at least get you stable.

Now, your problem is a VERY common one.

There have been long threads in these forums about it, and even longer threads I have seen on other sites. There is great debate, but it is likely that it is a problem with XP as it relates to the hardware, as it seems to happen across different Mobos, Video cards, etc.
The majority of posts I have seen involve the drivers you installed, the 23.11, which are supposedly WHQL. I have seen many of these people solve their problems with newer drivers, even though they are beta. Try the 27.00 series, (I wouldn't recommend the 27.30 as it is just a little too new).
If these are the same or worse for you, use the same process I described above to roll the driver back, then do a search for threads about this in these forums, and on Google as well. I personally found that the site with the most info about this was http://gamershq.madonion.com/ in their forums there are huge threads about it.

Write back if you need more help.

I had the same problem...Updated to the 27.10's and it doesn't crash as much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back