Nintendo Wii Set for November 19th Launch, $250 Price Tag

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Nintendo has announced release dates and launch prices for the Wii console, and it looks like the Americas will get it before the Japanese home market does. In Japan, the Wii will be available on December 2 for the princely sum of ¥25,000 (about $215), while North and South America will see a November 19 launch and a $250 initial price point.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison between the two continents, as the Japanese version will lack the bundle of sports games that ship in the American package. The five titles included are Wii Tennis, Boxing, Golf, Baseball, and Bowling, all fairly obvious candidates for swinging the wand around your living room. Other than that, the two launches will feature the same assortment of hardware, including one newfangled wand controller and one nunchuck attachment.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060914-7743.html

cool. hey kc, thanks for stealing my name tag! you must be Public Enemy #2. lol

Anybody getting one?

I'm tempted....

I'm passing.

If I ever get one of these I'll get a XBOX 360 but I don't hardly have time for playing them atm so I haven't as of yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back