Nintendo Revolution...now Nintendo Wii

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Introducing ... Wii. As in "we." While the code-name "Revolution" expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games ... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?"

"Wii sounds like 'we,' which emphasizes this console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii."

"Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of video games that sets it apart from the crowd."

"So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because, it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything.

Full Story

I love the name.

I think Nintendo is doing all the right things to set themselves apart from the 360 and PS3. The controller, the cheaper price (assuming this because Wii won't be any where near as powerful as the 360 or PS3), and now the name.

I think Nintendo is in a good position to be the second console everyone will buy.

I just hope the AAA games are there. I personally didn't really get into anything on the Gamecube. Yes I even bought Zelda: The Wind Waker. It collected dust for a year along with my Gamecube, until I traded both in for a PSTwo.

posted on the front page, a few hrs ago,,,anyhoo

I do like the change also,,,:)

edit:

I do have to agree with GM...I am a PS slacky....sue me...but the Specs for the PS3 won me over...and the games will not dissappoint
The Wii is to be a "pure gaming system" but Im for more power and goodies.

Last edited:
great name, another innovative technique by nintendo...break out of the box and be unique

now give me altered beast to download!!!!!!!!!!

posted this in the news comments too.... but i also find it to be a good name.... quite catchy. it'll also be hard for people who think they're l33t to come up with an idiotic name for it like they've done with GameCube.

Grandmaster: don't know how you can say that the Wii won't be anywhere near as powerful as the PS3 and 360. Nintendo hasn't even released really ANY info besides the name and what it looks like. they're not really one to release specs. and from the looks of the game Red Steel.... it'll have games that do in fact look quite good, and seems like it'll offer far more fun gaming than your average controller, ESPECIALLY when playing FPS's. I honestly think Nintendo's gonna surprise everyone with this one. They're also planning on having quite a few developers consoles out to the developers before E3, that way Nintendo's booth quite possibly won't be the only booth demonstrating their console.

*Kid walks into the local Best Buy*

"Hi, do you have any Wii in stock?"

*Salesperson gives kid a weird look*

:p

Last edited:
haha net, thats what I though when I heard it on the radio this morning.

Who with thier head screwed on is going to walk into a store and ask about wii stock levels. Or for that matter walk in and state "hey, I want to buy a wii".

Nintendo will be the butt of toilet jokes for a while now :p

Nintendo FTW!!1

It's an odd name, but I'm sure "Nintendo" was odd back when it first hit our shores too. It'll grow on you :D

NetRyder said:

Either that or salesperson gives kid weed :s

NetRyder said:

*Salesperson gives kid full sample bottle* :laugh:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Simultaneous Textures[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]4 << XBOX[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]1 << PS2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]8 <<GC[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Pixel Fill Rate - No Texture[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]4.8 G/Sec (anti-aliased) <<XBOX[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]2.4 G/sec <<PS2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]12.8GB/sec (anti-aliased)<<GC[/FONT]

I wonder why some people think that the new nintendo wont compete against the other 2 big names , If you look back at the GC it was and is a very good console, the only one of the 3 that did Dolby Digital Pro logic II btw.

I am sure Nintendo will again produce a super console able to compete on every level including the so called "power" level which is not as simple as lets say 733mhz like the Xbox was, on the surface the 733mhz seems faster then the 405mhz of the gamecube, but is it really? Seeing as the 733 was a cisc and the 405 was a risc

And if you know what that means you know the 405 is alot closer to the 733 for videogame purpose.

peaceout . :)

Note, I said I assumed it was less powerful. So don't get your panties in a knot just because I said the Wii won't be as powerful as the 360 or PS3.

Well my panties are not in a knot I just wanted to point out that the GC was = to and in places better then..

And I have learned never to assume anything in life, its not like there is anything that would lead anyone to assume the new Nin cosole will be less then the others IMHO.

Power means NOTHING when it comes to consoles though. So it doesn't really matter :D

Thats exactly right the so called "power" is just a numbers game the good ole smoke and mirror effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back