nicklock

R

ranger_cole

Under win98se win xp pro drive formatted ntfs does not show up. Under xp pro win 98 se fat 32 drive shows up and cannot be removed even under device manager. On top of that every time win xp pro boots up it says new hardware found and needs to restart. When you remove win 98 se harddrive this message goes away. No answer from nicklock tech support!

The win 98se drive has always shown up under windows xp pro. Every time xp pro boots up it says new hardware found and needs to restart. It has always done this even before I knew about device manager. I have tried this 1. Enter Control panel/administration tools/Computer manager/Disk manager and right click on the drive's you like to be unseen. Click on the row with "change drive letter and path". Click on the drive letter you like to disappear and delete the drive letter. Do the above when logged in as administrator. It does not remove it even after restarting. Two questions I am the only user on this XP pro. How can I tell If I am logged in as admin? I don't every get a log in prompt. 2nd question is XP pro drive is drive f and win 98se drive is drive c when booting to xp pro. Win xp pro will not let me change drive f to c.

Since Win98 can't read NTFS partitions it shouldn't show up. So that part is doing what it should.

When you boot to xp what is the hardware wanting to be loaded?

You cannot change the drive letter to xp once it has been installed.

Are you trying to remove 98se? very :confused:

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Xp pro tries to install software for the win98se drive. This behavior stops when you unplug the win 98se drive from the ide cable. I am trying to get the nicklock, http://www.nicklock.com/, a drive switching device to work. These are the instructions from nicklockpackaging: 1. Enter Control panel/administration tools/Computer manager/Disk manager and right click on the drive's you like to be unseen. Click on the row with "change drive letter and path". Click on the drive letter you like to disappear and delete the drive letter. Do the above when logged in as administrator.
Tom's hardware reviews says it work fine http://www6.tomshardware.com/storage/01q3/010727/index.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back