Nice Download Speed

I am pretty sure what you are seeing is powerboost for uploads. Your speed of service is not that high but is boosted by Comcast temporarily. They have the same thing for downloads and that is why download speeds are also higher then what the service offers.

Upload Powerboost

Not in my area yet. :(

Just moved and am now getting a little bit slower but still pretty much the same :)

Comcast has been working on getting powerboost in my area. :)

Upload should get higher once they are done. Right now my IP changes a lot with 1 hour leases so I know they are not done yet.

Talked to a Comcast rep and he told me to get ready for some higher speeds for all maybe before the end of this year but for sure in 2008. He is part of the beta test going on right now. Maybe he was talking about Blast which right now is only in select areas.

I think I had the same IP for the whole time I lived where I used to, will have to keep an eye on it where I am now. Kinda nice not needing to use dynamic DNS tools :)

Hope you get the boost soon AZ!

My in-laws live in a town of 4500 people. The nearest city over 60,000 is 150 miles away. Up until now, 1Mbps/384k was the fastest they had in their area. Just ran a speedtest on a new fiber system a local company put in, and now they're getting 6.4 MBps down AND 5.4Mpbs up. I'm testing over logmein, so I'm stealing some bandwidth but holy crap...there's about 700-800 little old ladies in that town that can upload 670k/sec now!

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back