ngage advice/help

shazzam911

S=H=A=Z=Z=A=M
undefined some people say that the ngage is a total waste of money, my brother says dont get it at all, my friends say go for it, my mom doesnt really know what the hell im talking about, and i just dont know if i should buy it or not? im talking about the first one, and it seems really "cool" and all but pshhhhh i need to know what the bad things are and what the good things are, i'll base my decision upon that. just i-m me on AIM on bigbuttvip or post some stuff. im getting the 1st ngage that came out for 100 bucks when its usually 200, 100 because its used, but doesnt seem like anyone is buying them, please hit me up! :confused:

I personally wouldn't buy one, but thats just me.

I'd stick with the gameboy SP if you NEED portable gaming ...

save your money and buy the PSP when it arrives :)

i dont NEED portable gaming but just like all the crap fitted into one device, and seems pretty cool, i got 100 bucks, you think a psp will be that much, nah dont think so, i have a gameboy SP its okay, just dont play much cuz i dont wanna bring the thing everywhere i go, i would get the PSP if i could get it for 100 bucks but i doubt that.

The problem with the Ngage is the bad design. Sidetalking is just plain inconvenient.
If you're going to use the device primarily as a phone, it's not worth it for this reason.

If you need a feature-rich phone, I suggest looking at Nokia's other Series60-based phones like the Nokia 7610 (brilliant phone, ask E-Punk about it), 6600, 3650 (this is what I have currently), 3600, or 3660. They are better designed phones with an extremely powerful operating system (Symbian OS), and if you really want to use them for gaming, you can install the emulators that allow you to run Ngage/Gameboy games etc.

sure are alot of choices :D
thanx alot, i'll have to look up each and everyone, hopefully they're cheap :(

I'll be to the point: the N-Gage ****ing sucks! So what exactly is the N-Gage? It's Nokia's new gameboy wannabe/cellphone/mp3 player/dish washer. Two reasons why it sucks:

1.) Poor Design

It makes me wonder what Nokia's hardware designers are smoking. Nokia has several other phones that look very similar to the N-Gage, which tells me that Nokia did not put a lot of effort in designing the N-Gage. If they had, it would look a lot more unique, and would not be so lame to use. For example, it is ridiculously stupid how you put the game cards into the machine. You take off the back cover, take out the batteries, and THEN put the game card in. It's easy as 1, 2, 3...4, 5, 6.

2.) Craptacular Games

You could forgive Nokia for all of the N-Gage's terrible design if it had any decent games. And it does not. All the launch titles comepletely suck. All of them are either have better versions on another system, or they are just pure crap. Granted, there are more games coming, but they are all likely to be ****ty ports, just like the launch games. There is really no exclusive that would make you want one...

Okay, so the N-Gage does not do well as a gaming machine, but what about its other features?

Cellphone: It's a tri-band cellphone(meaning you can use it pretty much anywhere in the world), but again, it suffers from design flaws. You have to hold it sideways against your ear to use it..Nokia calls it 'side talking'. I call it 'I look like a dumbass when using this phone'. You can use the included head phone to alleviate this problem, or you could even buy the $120 bluetooth earpiece. The keyboard layout is just plain weird and looks hard to use.

Mp3 Player: The N-Gage actually does decent in this department. It can play MP3 or AAC music files that you transfer over from your PC using the included usb cable and software. You can even record music using the built in radio, BUT you have to buy a memory card to store your music. A 64 MB card that can hold about an hours worth of music costs $70 :S

It is going to cost $299, but I think like most cellphones, you should be able to sign up for some sort of plan and the price will probably come down to like $150, but its still not worth it. There is only one positive thing about the N-Gage; Nokia seems to be really focusing on networking, and building an online community.

So what the moral of this story here? If Nokia had a infomercial for the N-Gage, it would sound like this: "Throw out all those cluttering devices you have, your gameboy, your cellphone, your mp3 player, N-Gage has it all!"

Like seriously, Nokia's tried to throw all those devices together to try to make some sort of super gizmo, and thought that it would be perfect. The N-Gage has a little of everything, but does not excel in any single area.
Source: http://ofg.ganai.com/oct2003.html

Ahem...:p

I'll be to the point: the N-Gage ****ing sucks! So what exactly is the N-Gage? It's Nokia's new gameboy wannabe/cellphone/mp3 player/dish washer. Two reasons why it sucks:

Outstanding! :p

Cellphone: It's a tri-band cellphone(meaning you can use it pretty much anywhere in the world), but again, it suffers from design flaws. You have to hold it sideways against your ear to use it..Nokia calls it 'side talking'. I call it 'I look like a dumbass when using this phone'.

Lmao! Hilarious! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back