nfs3:high stakes

B

banter

does anyone know if need for speed 3:high stakes works on winxp pro?

Posted by banter
does anyone know if need for speed 3:high stakes works on winxp pro?

check around...from what a lot of people say, myself included, no one can get NFS:HS (number 1) to run on XP Pro. NFS:HS2 *does* (the NFS that was just released). a sparse populous can get NFS:HS and NFS:pU (Porsche Unlimited) to run on their XP boxes, but most people i've come across cannot get it to run, not even in "emulation" mode (be it Win2K, 98, etc.). congrats to Doctor Who, who apparently can get NFS:HS(1) to run on his XP box, maybe he can tell you how.

All I did was install the game, setup my GFX card through the 3D Device selection program and the game runs without the need for any patches or compatability fixes. However it does depend on your copy of the game, a warez/pirate copy is less likely to run than a retail bought copy (like mine)

Posted by Doctor Who
All I did was install the game, setup my GFX card through the 3D Device selection program and the game runs without the need for any patches or compatability fixes. However it does depend on your copy of the game, a warez/pirate copy is less likely to run than a retail bought copy (like mine)

i don't have NFS:pU, but i do have 2 copies of NFS:HS(1), one i bought, the other came with a GeForce2 video card i bought. neither works. no big whoop, i'm playin NFS:HS2 now :)

Just for the record, NFS 3 was Hot Pursuit, NFS 4 was High Stakes, and the one just released (6) is Hot Pursuit 2

high stakes works on winXP - change compatibility mode to Windows 2000.

porsche unleashed (is it unleashed? lol - it begins with a U anyway) also works on winXP - install the game, and run it... you'll find it hangs on the picture with the porsche car on (splash screen). basically, if you rename gimme.dll (in NFS:pU folder) to something else like gimme.old or even just delete it, it works perfectly... no idea what the gimme.dll does, but it doesnt actually need it lol

hot pursuit works perfect on winXP

I have a similar problem with High Stakes for the PC. I have an OEM disk that came with a graphics card. It installs, but when it does the graphics card selection, it tells me that it does not recognize my 3D device and only software rendering is available. Not even Direct X and it looks like crap and is slow too.

I'm just using a Geforce II. Don't know how that can be anything special. Tries emulation mode too, and no luck. I don't know.

PS: Yeah, Jaws...I think you were confused there with the version names. ;)

I got Porsche Unleashed to work by just setting it to Windows 98/ME compatibility mode. :)

im tryin to get high stakes to run
was thinkin i'd play a lil over the holidays for fun
beginin to b a pain in the @$$

Originally posted by desimatrix007
im tryin to get high stakes to run
was thinkin i'd play a lil over the holidays for fun
beginin to b a pain in the @$$

:(

Actually I haven't played it in forever... So im not sure it might still work :huh:

Oh Man!! I'm a fan of NFS!

I have:

NFS 2
NFS 3 Hot Pursuit
NFS 4 High Stakes
NFS 5 Porsche 2000 (Australian name of Porsche Unleashed)
NFS 6 Hot Pursuit 2 (for PC and Xbox)

I have

NFS Hot Pursuit
NFS High Stakes
NFS Porsche Unleashed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back