NFS-Underground and my vid card issue

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
I seem to be having some issue with my vid card (9800Pro) and this game. It runs and plays fine except some of the text, notably speedometer, gear display, and several other text objects appear as blocks instead of text. It's weird because some text looks fine. I also notice the mouse pointer looks really "fuzzy".

Is anyone else having this type of issue?

I have installed the patch from the EA site already and nothing has changed. I am using Catalyst driver 3.9

hmm i didn't realize there was a patch. what's your AA and AF at? i'm running a 9500 Pro w/ no problems, and the Cat 3.8s.

Get into the ATi Control Panel, and set Texture and Midmap all the way to the right (max) in the Direct3D tab. Seems to solve the problem for a lot of people.

jawshoouh: AA=4x, AF=4x forced through driver. I have tried other combos to no avail though. You get the patch by opening the IE link in the Start Menu program group for that game. You just click a couple buttons on the website and it installs the patch for you. I kinda wish I had the executable though.

NetRyder: I think I've tried that already, but I'll take another look when I get home today. I could have sworn I tried all the different settings combinations, but there are so many I might have missed something.

my AA is 4x and my AF is 8x...i've also got 1.5GB of DDR2700 RAM & a P4/2.4. not sure if that even makes a difference, tho. you have that blurring/motion thing off in the NFSU options? i think that defaults on and i had some issues w/ that on, but once i turned it off, everything looks as it should...

Originally posted by NetRyder
Get into the ATi Control Panel, and set Texture and Midmap all the way to the right (max) in the Direct3D tab. Seems to solve the problem for a lot of people.

That worked! Thanks. I can even turn all the AA and AF settings up and it looks nice. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back