NFS PU in XP

M

Marshal

Hi there, anoyone played NFS PU on XP?
Well, when I start it lock up just before person selection screen.
Tried to run in compability mode, and I felt like playing on my old 486...
any idea???

post from another forum
-------------
NFS 5
I had the same problem then I changed NFS 5 to Windows 98 compatibility and it works but... its slow. then I found that if I rename the file gimme.dll to gimme.dll.old the problem would disappear and now it runs as fast as in windows 98. U might wanna try that. If it doesnt work just rename it back. Remember to disable the compatibility mode before u do that though.
-----------------------
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,1930455~root=sware~mode=flat
----------------------
so, tonight it's new driver, and checking out the gimme.dll trick.

That game would'nt work on win2000 pro and all I did was go to
my swapfile and change it to 200min and 250max rebooted and
the game worked.

Well, I tried the gimme trick, and it work. Not as smooth as in Win98, but much , much smoother than in compabilitymode.
Next: new driver.
(of course, the one I brought with me from work was corrupt)

I am trying to get NFS3 to work, I have tried all of the compatability modes, and no luck. At best the screen goes blank as if it is going to start then it just drops back to the desktop.
Any ideas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back