• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

nfs folder wont mount yet others will

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
Dec 7 11:41:10 c-8e1471d5 mountd[17193]: Fake hostname host-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.speedlan.se for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - forward lookup doesn't exist
Dec 7 11:41:10 c-8e1471d5 mountd[17193]: refused mount request from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for /xxxx/xxxx (/): not exported

is the error i am getting when i try to mount a folder across nfs, strange thing is there are three other folders that have all mounted yet this one cant as it says there is a problem with the host name

i have checked hosts.allow and hosts.deny - the ip is right in there, i have checked exports file and that is fine.

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
after more lokking - seems it may be a fs issue, i have made the file .autofsck in / - so hopefully it will find and fix things, but is that all i need no switches or anything

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
dont know - i removed the ip addrees from the exports file then did exportfs -ra , then readded the ip and did exportfs -ra again - worked after that :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies