NForce2 Mobo Driver question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I am part of another site, NforceHQ, and twice now I have posted a question there that no one is able to answer me. Of all the downloaded Mobo drivers that I get from Nvidia website, I always resort to rolling back to my original CD version as the new ones always have something wrong with them (Usually the IDESW driver, whatever that stands for. I do know that the CDrom drives don't work properly anymore after a NForce2 driver install). Now, I see that there is yet another driver update (Ver3.14). Should I even bother? I mean, everything works fine right now. What do you guys think?

BTW, some of the speeds those guys have the 2500+ running at are outright insane. Alot of them have their settings at 235x11(2585)

Heeter

i have the new nforce2 drivers for my motherboard and its working just fine havent run in to any problems with it.

IDESW is the IDE driver. i know previous nforce versions didn't install them right and had to be manually installed correctly.

in device manager are your harddrives and cdrom drives picked up as scsi drives? can you show a printscreen with your harddrives, optical drives, and ide controller trees expanded?

[edit] and where did you find 3.14?

I don't know whether I have the same problem you do, but whenever I install any nForce2 drivers, my cd-roms stop working. So whenever I install a new nForce2 driver set, I choose not to install the IDESW drivers (you have the option whether to install or not). Everything works fine for me without the IDESW drivers. Hope that helps. :D

Here is a screenie of my device manager.
This is the original CD drivers installed.
The AXV listed is a virtual drive installed by Alcohol120%.
All other versions of driver packages gave me SCSI drives.
I found that driver package in a link from NforceHQ to NVidia. The guys in there then offer "remixes" as the drivers are always out of whack, especially the IDESW. It always listed the CDDrives as SCSI devices. And just like Ragnarok, I too have problems with my CD Drives. I personally have given up even trying the new driver packages coming out. But Really, what is the difference between the new ones and my CD version? Was it to fix bugs?

Heeter

well, like i said, install them manually. do 'update driver' on your ide controller and point it to the right folder: C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\3.13\IDE\WinXP

and nvidia lists the fixes plainly on the page you download the driver from: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_3.13

those are just the fixes since 2.45. to see all the fixes since your cd version, go to the driver archive and check each version since.

If you actually read what it says on most update web sites...

"If your computer is working fine do not install updates. They are to fix specific problems."

If the computer works fine with an old driver leave it alone. I'm running a catalyst 3.4 right now because one game is quirky with the newer ones.

Originally posted by Heeter
Hi Guys,

I am part of another site, NforceHQ, and twice now I have posted a question there that no one is able to answer me. Of all the downloaded Mobo drivers that I get from Nvidia website, I always resort to rolling back to my original CD version as the new ones always have something wrong with them (Usually the IDESW driver, whatever that stands for. I do know that the CDrom drives don't work properly anymore after a NForce2 driver install). Now, I see that there is yet another driver update (Ver3.14). Should I even bother? I mean, everything works fine right now. What do you guys think?

BTW, some of the speeds those guys have the 2500+ running at are outright insane. Alot of them have their settings at 235x11(2585)

Heeter

I think if you told us where to find the 3.14's so we can test them out, we would be able to help you out a little more ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back