nforce2 audio questions

Taurus

hardware monkey
hey guys. i recently purchased an Abit NF7 mobo and put it in yesterday. after reinstalling xp from scratch and installing the latest nforce drivers (2.03), everything is running smooth.

but one thing does not meet my expectations. nvidia says the MCP (southbridge) has a built-in APU that is supposed to support EAX and EAX2. but in battlefield1942 as well as other games, hardware acceleration isn't even an option anymore... not like with my audigy. but EAX seems to work with counter-strike. could this be a premature driver issue?

thing is, according to nvidia, my motherboard (which has MCP, not MCP-T) shouldn't have 6-channel sound, but it does.

is this because abit added their own sound chip onboard? but then wouldn't i have different sound drivers?

lastly, the nvidia nforce control panel won't work. it says "Failed to initialize the NVIDIA audio driver! Please install and try again." so i can't access any of the special mixing toys. i'm sorta confused. any help or advise would be appreciated. thanks.

Taurus

hardware monkey
yeah, plenty of times. even reformatted once because once i installed off the cd and later i updated with 2.03 and there seemed to be bits of each version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel