Newsih compy for my parents.

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political Access
I am building a new system for my parents to get them out of the 66Mhz FSB era.

They have a copy of XP upgrade and a 120Gb HDD. I have a X800GTO AGP. I would like to spend less then $250 on the rest. So far I have found.

Linkworld case with 430W PSU, Black. $23.99
Foxconn 748K7 Mobo $34.00
Corsair Value RAM DDR400 2X 256Mb $40.50
AMD Sempron 2400+ Retail $80.00
Lite-On CD-R, DVD DL $40.99
Newegg.

Any suggestions? Complaints?

I already feel bad about the case and PSU, but people seem to like it.

Semprons are good processors - i have the 2800+ and its a dream :D mind you, my dual channel 1GB DDR2700 might help with all that :p

No Complaints Just some suggestions to look at.

Super Case PC-194KM
Comes with USB keyboard and mouse.
On sale right now at Microcenter for $39.99 was $59.99, I just bought one last week thinking about building a system for my granddaughter (6 yrs old).
It's a decent case I've been messing with it all morning.
Microcenter

Sony Cd-DVD RW-DL $38.99 with 25pk free Verbatim CDR Media and free shipping. Newegg #DW-Q30A BK-OEM
There nice drives I have two of them for cheaper systems and they seem to work better that two other brand name retail DVD burners I have in other systems.
Newegg Sony drive

Boxed Sempron Processor 2600+ at Microcenter on sale for $77.99
Microcenter Sempron

ABIT KV-85 Socket 754 mATX at microcenter on sale for $55.99 with onboard lan,audio and video.
Microcenter Board

On the memory I think I would just go with 1Gb from the start. CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) at Newegg for $76.25
Newegg Memory

If you buy from both places it's not much more than you wanted to spend even with the extra memory. About $45.00 it looks like.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back