News Sections

You're the admin... make one :p

Sounds like a good idea tho, as not everything that isn't hardware/gaming/etc related belongs on the front page.

What I meant was for the front page, have an Off Topic area for intereting yet not really tech related news. Just look at the front page today, there are a few interesting articles that due deal with computers (well all except sazar's airline one :p ) but don't really belong on the front page.

Yea, I need a Off-Topic News Section. Sounds like a good idea.

Oh like...

"News Flash, Mariah Carrie's Left Boob popped when the Diva was trying to bend over the Mixer Console to retrieve her Singing Career at her secret Recording Studio. The Singer and Half Assed Actress was not available for comment but sources say that she is barely keeping herself balanced and upright."

Sumthin like dat??? :p

heh - V. creative Gonaads :p

hmm.. extra Off topic section.. not too sure about it.. as we have our front page set with the 5 headlines of the 5 catagories.. and then 1 forums... would look a little odd and off place with a 7th in there...

Is a nice idea all the same... maybe can stick the last 5 headlines for that in a section on the menu.. or even on a complete seperate page...

MdSalih

IMHO, alot of the front page news that has been posted lately, is not really front page worthy, Front page news should be the top stories from around the computer world and not some trivia junk.

not meaning to step on toes or piss people off, but it should be quality and not quantity.

just my opinion, but we don't need 8 or 9 main stories a day, 4 or maybe 5 should do.

Like I said this is only my opinion, you do what you want.

cool.gif

Originally posted by Jewelzz
have an Off Topic area for intereting yet not really tech related news.
Hmmmm, kind of like a "News of the Weird and Wacky"? Sounds familiar. :p

/me takes a deep breath and counts to 10..........

I've changed my mind, I'm not responding

Originally posted by Iceman
IMHO, alot of the front page news that has been posted lately, is not really front page worthy, Front page news should be the top stories from around the computer world and not some trivia junk.

not meaning to step on toes or piss people off, but it should be quality and not quantity.

just my opinion, but we don't need 8 or 9 main stories a day, 4 or maybe 5 should do.

Like I said this is only my opinion, you do what you want.

cool.gif

I dunno m8... you know how hard it is to find news... basically finding diverse news like jewellz and khayman do is a lot of hard work and I personally do like logging on and finding all kinds of articles across the spectrum... all other websites basically carry the same few headlines... we have more diversity... IMO...

and if you notice it is basically khayman and jewellz posting most of the news... not easy day after day after day...

perhaps we need one or two more people to volunteer their time to help them out and look for news... and submit... specially when one or the other has a lot on their plate...

I for one don't like going to websites and seeing the same news posted for a coupla days... shows stagnation... but again thats my opinion...

I think an off-topic zone would be kewl... whacky news of the world or whatever it was xsivforce in his infinite (or finite) wisdom said :)

Jules' idea is a good one.
Md is right about the page layout at the top.

Then again, if the main page is showing, you don't need to display the last five headlines of it, just the other four (possibly five with the addition of this section) and the forum.

When gaming is showing, you display the main news and everything except gaming.

When hardware is showing, you display everything but hardware.

So on.

I think it would work.

Half the time when I get on most of the news as been posted and as my luck seems to work there isn't much happening but I do post news should I find something that hasn't been posted.

I also think an area to post news that is news but not computer/tech related is a good idea.

All News Posters

Please don't use the extended news section until we are on the new server.

Thx Guys :)

Re: All News Posters

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Please don't use the extended news section until we are on the new server.

Thx Guys :)

I don't post news anyway =)
heh.

I haven't been since I was told not to.

Chastity, who told you that?

It is possible to hide the headlines on the current headline page you are on, but requires coding and I am not allowed to do that at the moment :)

Waddy is still asking that we not use extended news. Please just post a few paragraphs then link to the source. Once I, EP or Md get the ok to use extended news, we'll post it here :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back