Newest Video Cards

N

Not Bman

Hey, the last card I bought and heard was the top of the line was the Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200. I am wondering what has come out since then, which is looking good in reviews and such....

why you got 9999999999999999999999 posts recorded?

ummm...he added that to his thing. The second post count is the real one.

ok.. back to topic...
gosh... the latest gfx card you heard of was ti4200? surely you must have heard of the ti4600 and 4800 as well?!

um, these days... there are GF6600 and 6800 pci express only i think.

geforce 6800 tree is agp or PCI-E
6600 is PCI-E only.

The best bang for buck card is the 6800GT as this is just an ultra clocked at 350/1000 instead of 400/1100.

THe bes card period is the 6800 Ultra - but comes with a heft price tag. ATI's offerings are inferior this year - must have been asleep in the design room :p

You might want to hold out for a little while anyway, unless you got some killer game that you must play, because Nvidia and ATI have some awesome offerings coming up Q1 2005 that will at least reduce the costs of their current ones if nothing else.

hey check out anandtech.com under the graphics section they have really good reviews, future plans and grouptests.

I just went and checked out the 6800 ultra and gt, and those ones. They look pretty damb good, but WOW look at that price!!! At least I know whats up there now. Thanks

Bman™ said:
Hey, the last card I bought and heard was the top of the line was the Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200. I am wondering what has come out since then, which is looking good in reviews and such....

check out www.hardocp.com , www.beyond3d.com and www.anandtech.com for some decent reviews...

the benches generally don't lie...

best bang for buck (if/when it makes it to the market) is the new ati card... the x800 XL running on 0.11 micron tech for pci-Express... @ $299 and with 16 pipes and being one of the faster cards out there, its a mini-monster...

otherwise the 6600 series (in future sli-mode) and the 6800GT continue to be good investments... around $399 for the big brother and its plenty fast in pretty near everything...

I think I am going to upgrade from MSI Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64mb to a ATI Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT. Sounds like it's good and has a good price, I don't got enought money for the Ultra!
Thanks peeps

Bman™ said:
I think I am going to upgrade from MSI Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64mb to a ATI Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT. Sounds like it's good and has a good price, I don't got enought money for the Ultra!
Thanks peeps

I don't think that collaboration is ever going to happen.LOL

Heeter

I second everything sazar said one hundred percent. The new x800XL is a pretty sweet card but should only be pci-e...for agp and pci-e the 6600GT and 6800GT are also really good cards...especially in sli mode for pci-e..gigabyte has created a dual 6600GT on one pcb that in the older 3dmark03 beats out the x850XT from ati so that sounds promising...link here...http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20041216_115811.html

for anyone else looking for a card that might want the x800XL wait to see what the prices are before you decide to buy it...like sazar said it's a great deal but with the most recent ati offerings supply has been very low and prices have been way over what they are supposed to be...Nvidia hasn't had great supply but they have been better and because of that the prices have been more around what they are supposed to be

ATI's 2004 Offerings are pretty direm, and if you thought it was hard getting a 6800Ultra ATI cant even SHIP the X800 range to its OEM partners nevermind anyone else, so even though they are okay alternatives, you cant get one.

so your choices would be a 9800Pro or 9800XT from ATI,

6800GT AGP/PCI-E, 6600GT AGP/PCI or 6200 AGP from nVidia

Personally for games I'd go with the 6800GT AGP, for home entertainment take a loko at the 6600 and for an el cheaper that is upto date but not so demanding on the wallet the 6200 but that is really fairly crippled imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back