Newest Tgtsoft dedicated theme site

Dusty

Master Lurker
A new site has been developed as a positive answer to the sad transition of themexp.org. This new site will never have ads, popups, wrap their files, or be sold to someone who would do that.
www.themejunkie.com
Wallpapers, styles, icons, bootscreens, logons... and a place also for linux stuff. And we need quality submissions as well. If you use Stylexp.. look for a redirect to this site from within the program when you click on find new themes.
Thanks for letting me spam this site with this announcement.... I now return you back to your normal reading. :)

I don't think you should try and associate it with StyleXP (TGTSoft) to be honest, the site is more about customisation and an application that should have been free for over two years is not required to use themes. (rereading I guess its cos you want some kind of affiliation, which means more traffic (which is nice) but reinforces my next point)

As far as advertising goes, this site has a transfer rate of two gigs a day and we don't offer downloads. Theme/Wallpaper sites are going to use gigs and gigs of transfer a month as well as the engine that means the server will need quite high spec, it is easy to say it will never have advertising, but following up on that is another matter - I doubt anyone will be deterred from your site as long as you keep them sensible and don't use popups.

However a good looking site and I hope it does well and we don't normally allow spamming of sites, but as it seems kinda relevent this time I will let it go.

Yeah.. we really don't want it to be singularly associated with any one piece of software. Its for computer customizations and skinning in the catagories we set up there already. Plus we are thinking about adding for rainlendar as well. , But anyway, we just want a site where this is all available without the risk of putting spyware/adware/popup ads or anything that would turn interest away from the skinning community like it has in the past.
I can say with 100% assurance that we won't be doing popups/ads/spyware adware on this site at all... period. We do need submissions though... and I know plenty of people here that do create great looking wallpapers and themes, and that quality is what I want to promote for what a theme site should be.
And I thank you for allowing me to post this here on your forums... thank you thank you thank you. ;)

I noticed that as I installed skins, I got the "free myway search bar". I could not delete the folder because of a .dll aplication extension, hacked it, got rid of the code, but the program (res hacker) made a "backup" copy that once again, could not be deleted.

Why would such a large site infedct people's PC's? I even chose the boxes to not get the software installed, yet it installed it anyway...

JL Renegade said:
I noticed that as I installed skins, I got the "free myway search bar". I could not delete the folder because of a .dll aplication extension, hacked it, got rid of the code, but the program (res hacker) made a "backup" copy that once again, could not be deleted.

Why would such a large site infedct people's PC's? I even chose the boxes to not get the software installed, yet it installed it anyway...
You didn't and won't get that from www.themejunkie.com You got that spyware from another site that wraps these files into skins that were uploaded from the skinner.. Those sites get offers from spyware companies that offer plenty of money if the site lets them add their stuff to the users computer. And spyware sites like that are what makes me determined to get as many people as possible away from using them and make them either cease to exist or conform to a higher standard without putting the unsuspecting users computer at risk. Spyware is just plain wrong... no matter what the motivation was to start letting it happen. www.themejunkie.com will make people aware that there are other resources out there that doesn't put junk on your computer. Thats what I am hoping for anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back