newegg.com rma for newer revision??

dubstar

format c:
can i send my board back for a 2.0 revision on my A7N8X Deluxe? I thought it was a 2.0, but the 'nForce Tray Options' tipped me off saying "hardware revision 1.0"

i just ordered this board less than a week ago.

anybody try this before?

Can you update the bios? Or is it a hardware revision? Check Asus site... They SHOULD let you exchange same-for-same with no charge, but they might not pay for your shipping to get it to them.

now im sort of confused. i checked the "asus probe" software, and its saying A7N8X2.0 Deluxe, Bios Rev 1005. in another spot, it says "product name: a7n8x2.0" (next line) "version: Rev 2.xx"

nForce Control Panel -> information says Hardware Revision 1.0

who do i trust? i have a serial number and a part number.. im sure this can be useful somehow... any ideas how? i tried punching it in the 'asus' website, with 'no products found' as a result.

*also, how do i know if im running it duel-channel'd?

check the physical notation on the board. Between two of the pci slots, there should be the revision # in white lettering (i think). Thats what u trust. Either way, If you do have a <2.0, you can update the bios to 2.0 or higher using their updater from the website.

Dual channel memory is determined in the BIOS. Make sure they are running in sync and you have the 2 sticks of memory in the two colored slots on the board.

Originally posted by Bootsy
check the physical notation on the board. Between two of the pci slots, there should be the revision # in white lettering (i think). Thats what u trust. Either way, If you do have a <2.0, you can update the bios to 2.0 or higher using their updater from the website.

Dual channel memory is determined in the BIOS. Make sure they are running in sync and you have the 2 sticks of memory in the two colored slots on the board.

awesome, 2.00... i cant seem to find anything in the bios to allow syncing, but i set it to 'aggresive'

ack,..

mem freq 100%
res freq 166MHz
mem timing aggressive
sdram active precharge delay 7
ras cas delay 3
ras precharge delay 3
cas latency 2.5t

fsb spread spectrum disabled
agp spread spectrum disabled

-- i noticed when it was loading, it did say dual channel active.

thanks very much for your sharing this knowlege.

quickie: fsb&agp spread spectrum should be disabled right? or whats your advice on that?

quickie: fsb&agp spread spectrum should be disabled right? or whats your advice on that?

from what i have read in the past, disabled, as far as i know that is...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back