Newbie group policy Question!

Ironvid

OSNN Newbie
Hi

I want to use group policy's to restrict users access to some windows settings e.g. display settings and give people a corperate backgound.
I am using 2003 server and the users are all XP pro

my question is how can I restrict some users from accessing the display settings and not others.
e.g.

Domain/users cannot access the display settings and have background A
Domain/power users can access the display settings and have background B

Hope this makes sense, thanks for any help! :)

Create different OU's for different users.

Users
'-- Restricted Users
'-- Non-Restricted Users

Create different policies for each OU.

Apply the restricted policy to the restricted users OU.

Hi

thanks for that!

I understsand the OU's and how to create them; but I have no Idea on how to create new policy's and and apply them to each OU.

I am trawling through the help files, so any help on how to do this would be great!

thanks in advance!

you could also get all fancy and keep everyone in one OU if you need to and create seperate policies and set the security on each policy accordingly to apply to the appropriate security group.

Thanks

I already had the Group Policy Management Console but could not see how to create and apply the policy's.

I think I have got what I needed now!

Thanks All! :)

you could also get all fancy and keep everyone in one OU if you need to and create seperate policies and set the security on each policy accordingly to apply to the appropriate security group.

Thats basically what I do, I have all users in one OU (for each location) and set up different GPOs for them.

All you have to do is open up the Group Policy Manager and navigate to where said users are. Right click and "Create and link GPO here". Then right click and edit it the way you want to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back