• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Zune User

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
So I got a new Zune 120GB for Xmas.

I am wondering where I can get more free games, and what cool things can I do with the Zune, either what is provided already or by hacking.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Looks like M$ is trying to make the Zune look as good as the Ipod. I wonder if it will work? NOT!

I still want a zen :p

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Wow neither of those sites have anything really, small collection of games. Will try out google again.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
I remember a site that was almost dedicated to zune games but I cant remember it for the life of me. The only thing I can tell you is update your firmware, all sorts of goodies in the newest one :)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Let me know what cool stuff you find the Zune as well as I have one also but generally haven't done anything other than listen to music on it!

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
How do I wirelessly sync with my computer, I added the Zune's mac address to my router, but I cant connect to my pc?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Zune is having many issues, does everyone have this much trouble.

Besides the whole wireless issue. I can't buy a Zune Pass, just gives me the option to redeem a code (which I don't have). Have the time my Zune Social won't load or show anything. I also tried buying an album with points and it just gives me an error saying its invalid, tried many times. Not so happy with my Zune so far lol And of course it's impossible to get help from Microsoft, or even find a Contact Us button.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Log into the forums. They are probably the most useful forums for any of the PMP's on the market.

If I still had mine, I'd be able to help you out.

Overall, there are many things I loved about the Zune that I am annoyed are not standard features on my iPhone, but c'est la vie.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
get handbrake and start loading that thing up with videos. I practically only use it for video on my train ride to work. I love my zune...though the new cowon pmps are the bees knees.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Found out most of my issues is because I am in Canada, the marketplace and zune pass abilites are US residents only. Pretty stupid, and pissed.

Gigabot

OSNN Senior Addict
Found out most of my issues is because I am in Canada, the marketplace and zune pass abilites are US residents only. Pretty stupid, and pissed.
Wow, that really sucks Bman! But as always the hacking community finds a way around these restrictions. This hack allows "Full Zune functionality for international Zune Users." Take a look at this topic (you have to register to see this hack though):
http://forum.darkzune.com/zune-hack...ality-international-zune-users.html#post12061

Be sure to post back here how this goes! :)

Edit: I'm not sure whether this is legal or not. So do this at your own risk. ;)

Last edited:

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Man I really want a Zune Pass, I should see if there is any family in the States, and use there Address and credit cards, and pay them. Maybe that will work. Anyone here know someone working at Microsoft, maybe find out a time frame for the Zune Pass to work in Canada...

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Take it back and get a zen lol .

That zune pass is a joke. Download unlimited songs but only be able to keep ten in your library per month ? That isn't buying the song, that is renting the song. Sheesh - Give me a Zen and EAC any day ...

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix