New York (Help Please)

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Hopefully going to New York in the next few months, could anyone from there or who has been there recommend a hotel (3* +) that has the best location (ie near lots of attractions, or at least near a train station so it is easy to get to fantastic places) and is generally a nice hotel?

If you need more info from me (not sure what) then ask!!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well Teddy, I don't stay at hotels much, but I could point out a few places you might want to visit, depends on how long you're staying.

You going to the city or somewhere else? New York City, or state? :)

New York City!!!

We're planning on staying for three nights (long weekend), want to see some of the major attractions and enjoy the nightlife (heard GBH( Great British House) is very good).

Want to include things like the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Maceys (the huge shopping place, i think thats what its called) Central Park....suggestions are welcome, we're in the early planning stages at the mo.

Thanks Nick M.

if at all possible, see the lion king, no matter what the cost

Originally posted by Teddy
Hopefully going to New York in the next few months, could anyone from there or who has been there recommend a hotel (3* +) that has the best location (ie near lots of attractions, or at least near a train station so it is easy to get to fantastic places) and is generally a nice hotel?

If you need more info from me (not sure what) then ask!!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

we (my gf and i) are planning to go to ny around my spring break period...

there are a coupla nice 3* hotels in and around times square.. clsoe to a lot of the main attractions and also the metro system...

the hotels run @ around 100 bucks but not sure where my gf got hte info... I Think it was www.hotels.com or something...

just wanted to say that the hotels are around 100 bucks a night in that area...

dealer....seen the lion king here in london, at the lyceum theatre...will it be bigger and better in NY?

100 bucks.....whats that, 70 quid? Sounds good to me!!

Sazar...do you recommend staying near Times Sq? What hotels have you stayed at before?...would you recommend any of them?!

Is there anywhere in NY that i ABSOLUTELY MUST go to!?

Thanks for all your help.

Originally posted by Teddy
dealer....seen the lion king here in london, at the lyceum theatre...will it be bigger and better in NY?

100 bucks.....whats that, 70 quid? Sounds good to me!!

Sazar...do you recommend staying near Times Sq? What hotels have you stayed at before?...would you recommend any of them?!

Is there anywhere in NY that i ABSOLUTELY MUST go to!?

Thanks for all your help.

well per the rating system all 3* hotels HAVE to maintain a certain standard to qualify... I would not go below that...

you have to understand that a lot of things are in and around times square thats why the hotel prices are @ a premium over there...

we have not gone there yet therefore I would not be able to tell you.. am planning to go there in march... :)

just got back from cali btw... stayed with some friends... was a blast... san francisco/santa barbera and palo alto are nice...

I basically want to see the skyscrapers and some of the broadway joints as well as try and get in for the taping of some of the shows like saturday night live and stuff :)

And i still say, follow the gun, come to Israel!!!

consider it as an "extreme sport" :p

Originally posted by Benny
And i still say, follow the gun, come to Israel!!!

consider it as an "extreme sport" :p

for 'extreme' excitement we should probably head to afghanistan or iraq :)

you know... to visit em before g.dubyah drops da bombsesssss....

Its actually relay nice in here... no suicide bombing for like a week..

(me just realized what he said, goes to the corner to cry :( )

Sadly Teddy, I have never been to the correct side of the pond, so I can not compare broadway to your presentation

for instance, cats was clearly better in england then it was in n.y.

I used to date one of the original cats on broadway...met her at a tommy tune birthday pary.. the siamese.

still, though I've seen the lion king in n.y, if I were in england, I would take the oportunity to see it there as well

Teddy, did you decide on where to go? I wanna know! :)

Teddy - I am not from New York - let alone "the city" (I was born and raised in PA) - however my wife is originally from the Oxford area - been a citizen of the US for over 20 years and she said she always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty - but in view of more recent happenings - she said she could never visit NYC without going to visit the 911 site!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back