New XP User

W

WishMaster

Hope someone can help. I have win XP Pro. I finally gave in on my 10 year old daughter wanting her own login + password. So I did that. I chose limited for account type. When I log in with her login, I see lots of programs that I chose not to appear at start that uppears on hers now. How can I change that. I do not want anything to come up on startup for her login.And is there a way to restrict her from internet. Thanks. Any suggestions.

Only thing I can think of so as to limit her further (as long as she is not to computer savvy) is to move the start menu shortcuts from 'all users' to your account name. Right click on the start menu/explore & start moving.

For the internet use a new password. You might have to do it through your isp over the phone.

Before it gets started all over...

There is another thread in hear about 4 days old with all the details on how the administartor can restrict access under XP pro. Also a link to a program for regulating amount of time spent logged on.
Try some searches on log on time, access control, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back