New X-Files Film in the works

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
I remember loving the X-Files during the first few seasons.. however, the series did go a couple seasons longer than it should have..

It was nearly a year ago that we had writer/director/producer Frank Spotnitz on our show and even then we discussed the possiblity of a sequel to the first and only X-Files film that was based on the famous Fox television series of the same name.

We have also written stories over the last two years with comments from both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson about another film with the two of them portraying their legendary characters of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Both have indicated an openess to returning to the roles that made them household names.

The problem with all these reports from us and other news agencies is a lack of confirmation one way or the other. In fact, even when Frank was on our show back in May 2006, he was unable to confirm anything for sure because he hadn’t been contacted by anyone from the studio system about doing another movie.

Now we are happy to report that Frank has confirmed things are starting to move in the direction of another film for the X-Files. On his blog he has stated that a script for the movie is underway.

“…the second “X-Files” feature is finally in the works. A script is indeed in development, but I’m afraid that’s all I can say.”

That may not be much in the way of X-Files news, but it is the first positive piece of information to come down the pike since “X-Files: The Movie” came out nearly 10 years ago.

Duchovny has just completed two film projects, “Things We Lost In The Fire” and “The Secret,” with a new television series in pre-production. Anderson can now be seen in the Academy Award winning film “The Last King of Scotland” and is preparing to star in the new movie “No One Gets Off in This Town,” which is in pre-production. So, with their current commitments, production for the next X-Files flick will need to be scheduled around those.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/04/23/x-files-film-sequel-in-the-works/

I've been getting my hopes up for this on and off for several years but until I see a trailer I'm not going to believe anything else I read! Would be really cool, but I fear it's stuck in the same place as Duke Nukem Forever (what a prophetic title!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back